Skip navigation

1.3 Mk1 Golf CL, With A Polo Engine!

Back to the top
keeping a eye out for what's been going up for sale, visiting a couple of cars and enquiring about even more. Here's what I brought 

C:\fakepath\image.jpg

Completely standard GX. only things that's been modified is the stereo, but the original is still in the boot! She's got double head lights, 5 doors and a sun roof, exactly what I wanted. She's abit crusty around in the usual places but the interior is immaculate! She's got a lot of history, leaving out a couple of years(which is always a shame) but being exactly what I want I can finally start spending my money on her! 

Last edit: by charliemk1

Back to the top
No idea why it's posted itself so many times, if a mod could delete them all but the first one would be appreciated :thumbs:

Back to the top
Nice 1 …. was it a bargain. … did u sell the ol citi :'(

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

Nice 1 …. was it a bargain. … did u sell the ol citi :'(

I was pretty pleased with what I payed for it in the end. The citi is now up for sale :( :'(

Back to the top
Its been a while since being on here, and its been even longer since ive owned a mk1! Since regrettably selling both of my mk1 golfs ive been using a Mk2 Driver as my daily. But now suffering from withdrawal symptoms from not owning a mk1 (and a new job), Heres what i brought.

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5594.JPG

IMG_5511.JPG

Shes not the nicest things to look at bless her, but for what i payed. I think shes pretty darn nice!
1.3 Mk1 Golf CL, With a four speed 1.3 polo GT Coupe Engine!
50 shades of red, apart from the black and white front end of course
four speed 1.3 polo gt engine which is running slightly rich for my liking.
Lots of stickers and a smashed rear quarter window!

It has no MOT either but as i already have my daily Mk2, ill be taking this on as a project. I dont think she needs too much, her body herself seems nice and solid but the edges are nice and rusty! I guess time will tell in what she will expose!

Last edit: by charliemk1

Back to the top
I love this car, there is a build thread for it on here somewhere.

Are you keeping the bonnet checks (they look sweet)

Jim

Back to the top

GTI_Jim said

Jim

Its very different from anything else, which i like :thumbs:
I have seen the thread actually, matey boy who i brought the car off sent it me. The checks will go, although i do like the 'rat' look id like to do my own thing to the car. The bonnet within its self it quiet rusty and badly damaged, and i have a perfect condition one laying about somewhere.

Back to the top

charliemk1 said

GTI_Jim said

Jim

Its very different from anything else, which i like :thumbs:
I have seen the thread actually, matey boy who i brought the car off sent it me. The checks will go, although i do like the 'rat' look id like to do my own thing to the car. The bonnet within its self it quiet rusty and badly damaged, and i have a perfect condition one laying about somewhere.

Good stuff, I will be keeping an eye on this one.  :thumbs:

Jim

Back to the top
So a long over due update ….. Puf has its First MOT in a long time on tuesday. Im 95% sure its going to fail, but funny enough thats why im putting her through. Im fed up of just doing tiny little niggles here and there on her and want to know what i actually should be working towards!
It will be interesting, nervous yet exciting. Hopefully shell be on the road ready for the annual gathering, if i can get it off work.

Back to the top
Good luck with the mot  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Thanks, Matt.

Another quick update on the MOT, She failed, obviously, and im not too sure what to think. she failed on easily fixed though, alot of popped bulbs/loose connections to the lamps. The main failure was the seized brakes, which i was fully aware of anyway.
But hey, theres a plus side to this which i atleast i know what im working towards.

As it has failed its MOT i am going to be looking for some new parts come pay day, including,

Bumpers, dont have to been amazing condition, but something a little not-so-crusty as i already have. Preferably all one colour, whether its black, or a faded grey. either is fine.

Wings, again any colour is fine. Rust free as possible.

And eventually ill be looking for some new interior. Not anything GTI though.  

Back to the top
IMG_7515.JPG

Oh, and heres a photo i took of her looking sorry for herself at the MOT test Center
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.