Skip navigation

mk1 Golf G60 Intercooler/radiator options

Back to the top

paul_h said

it fits really well are you going to use a header tank or going for the topfill rad ?

I will probably go top fill as I want to keep the engine bay nice and uncluttered :)

Back to the top

RichG said

Hi Ade,
Your head sounds good. Is it complete?
Ive heard that the head bolts are a different size for 1H heads. Will I need to get the block machined to accept the different bolt size?

Otherwise im on the look out for a pg head.

Cheers

Yes it is complete. 
The bolt holes are m11 instead of m10 - to be honest I am not sure if you can just bolt it onto a PG block with m10 bolts.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Actually that should read m12 and m11

Looking around a few of the forums it appears that a 1h head will go straight on a PG block due to the locating pins being the same, you then just use the bolts to match the block.
http://www.dubforce.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=24236

The other way around is possible too, and is in fact what had to be done to my 16v head to put it on a 1h block ie bore the heads bolt holes out.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

RichG said

paul_h said

it fits really well are you going to use a header tank or going for the topfill rad ?

I will probably go top fill as I want to keep the engine bay nice and uncluttered :)

here is a topfill with merc intercooler

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
Paul / Ade

What exhaust manifold are you using?

Cheers

Back to the top
Had mine custom made but guy that built it doesn't do them anymore. Ade is using a 16v one so different to the 8v one.

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.