Skip navigation

Cars Needed - Coalville Motorfest - 29/06/2013

Back to the top
Hi guys,

I've been asked if I can get a car club or two involved in an event that's being planned for Coalville on the 29th of June by the Coalville Town Team, District Council and Snibston Discovery Park, here's the details for whats been arranged so far;
Quote:
Coalville Motorfest…… Saturday 29th June!

Here it is, Coalville Town Team is very proud to announce our first of many yearly events to start taking place in our town…… So what is going to happen at the Motorfest?

It will be split between our town centre and Snibston Discovery Park. Linking the two will be a FREE TRAIN RIDE so you can get from one area to another and back again as much as you like and for FREE!

The Motorfest will be made up of a new car motor show. Dealerships taking part in this will include;

Mercedes Benz of LoughboroughFord Motors Coalville
Vauxhal Archie Moss
Stratstone Lotus
Stratstone Triumph
Ford Mobility Road show
Fleet Car Auctions

We have the emergency services doing displays in the town…..

The Police will have Motorway Patrol Cars on hand as well as offering a FREE anti tamper number plate fitting service in conjunction with Coalville Tyres & Exhausts.

The Fire Service will be bringing along their VF4 simulator car, where you can test your reactions and see what it's like to be involved in an accident.

Local and national Car Clubs will be taking part, the list is quite amazing!

Subaru P1 Owners Club
Subaru Owners Club
VW Golf MK1 Owners Club
Alfa Romeo Owners Club
Coalville Classic Car Club
Private Collection of Vintage Fords. Ranging from a Model T right through to the Cosworth era.

The Huncote Vipers Model Car Club will be offering you the chance to race them on their big screen simulator, as well as watching the experts race model cars.

Competitions and prizes will be plentiful with both Volvo & Ford offering you the chance to WIN a car for a weekend or even a week to name but a few!

Children's entertainment will be laid on with balloon modellers and face painters.

THE BEST BIT? WE ARE BRINGING THIS FABULOUS EVENT TO YOU TOTALLY FREE!

Can't wait to see you all there…….

Now is there any interest from you guys for getting on board? Would just want a few people to bring their cars along for the day and park them up for display, I'm still waiting on layout details to be confirmed so I know how many cars we can fit in but any of you are want to put yourselves forward that'd be great. Modified or standard cars are fine, the tidier the better :lol:. Will also consider anyother interesting VWs if we need to make the numbers up. :thumbs:Anyone that's interested either reply on here or contact me via PM.

Cheers
Dave

Last edit: by Kedge

Back to the top
I maybe interested and could bring my Sportline, see projects section for more details on it..

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Be great if you can do it, car looks great by the way!

There's a meeting this Wednesday so hopefully I'll know more about how many cars they want me to try and get hold of.

Back to the top
dave i'll be there :) put me down for it

i can come to the meeting if you need :)

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one Matt, I'll drop you a message on Facebook.

Back to the top
We can be there to if you need us.

Especially if we are going for curry afterwards!!!  :)

Back to the top
Yeah, I'm up for this if we are making it a curry meet too  :thumbs:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Yea well come for a curry or maybe a BBQ at mine even?

Banner

Back to the top
Sounds like a plan:thumbs:

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one guys, curry sounds good to me!

When's the next local meet on? I ought to get along to one soon even though my Mk1 isn't on the road.

Back to the top
Think we will try and sort a meet out for end of May, would be good to catch up even if your cars not on the road.

Banner

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

Think we will try and sort a meet out for end of May, would be good to catch up even if your cars not on the road.

up for this
curry or bbq hopefully wetting babys head lol

i'am a mk1 golf nutter RHODEISAN RIDGEBACK mk1 cabbys rule and you drool

Back to the top
Me and Sarah will be there. If you need any help I can team up with Matt. If you want to meet to organise it count me in. Let me know.

Banner

Back to the top
Assuming I'm not working I'll get along to the next local meet, I do work stupid shifts though. :thumbs:—————

Right folks, but of an update as to what is happening on this. Basically I've got a heap load of space to fill with cars and we can treat it more like a general meet due to the location so people can come and go as they please, obviously the longer folks stay the better between 10 & 4 on 29/06/2013.

I've posted a couple of pics from Google Maps to give you an idea. The area we'll be in along with all the other car clubs apparently holds 6000 people standing as it's used as an open air theatre, we'll be going down there next week to try and suss out how many cars we can get in there but it'll be quite a lot. I might even walk round an grab a couple of pics to give you an idea as it's only just around the corner from mine.

Here's the overall area of the town and the area I know are being used, I missed the meeting last night so there might be the odd tweak.

Coalville. Areas in red are where there will be exhibits, the orange line is the train, not sure whether it'll just run from the town center to the small station at the museum or the whole length I've highlighted.  The train is going to be free to use and I'm pretty sure entry that weekend to Snibston Discovery Park is half price (will get confirmation on that).

The car club designated area is the far left area, here's a close up;

Back to the top
Also, would they be allowed to use the Club logo on posters and flyers?

Back to the top
sounds good dave :)

yea they can use the logo if they want to but it does mean we'll have to turn up tho :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
If needs be I'll have to push mine across the road if it's not on the road by then :lol:

Is there a high res copy of the logo?

Back to the top
yea i have them i can email it over

Banner

Back to the top
Sweet, I'll ping you my e-mail on facebook.

Has anyone local got the flags or any banners to put up on the day so everone knows who we are?

Back to the top

Kedge said

Sweet, I'll ping you my e-mail on facebook.

Has anyone local got the flags or any banners to put up on the day so everone knows who we are?

I've got the club flags and gazebo :thumbs:

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.