Skip navigation

Clutch cable

Back to the top
Which is best way for speedo and clutch cable to run on 16v

Sent from my KYOCERA-C6745 using Tapatalk

Back to the top
if your speedo and clutch works how you have it now then leave it as is :)

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
Speedo is not right as its jumping that's tied to bracket on rear inlet manifold keep off the exhaust 4-1
It's mainly couch cable it keeps going in silly places makes clutch bit heavy. I have even changed cable for 45' angle one instead of straight which was fitted. Still no better  
It mainly goes down side of brake marster cyn and dizzy cap I don't want put any tension on cable in case burns out clutch

Back to the top
speedo cable probably wants replacing then, i ran mine behind the engine no problem

clutch cable i ran mine round the front of the engine and used a mk2 cable bracket to keep it still:

others have cable tied the cable to the master cylinder to keep it still

Back to the top
Bummer speedo cable right pain on dash side
I will get mk2 cable try that.  
As its easy change clutch cable as have had the clip off the pedal loads time to remove pedal makes it easy

Back to the top
sorry the cables werre both mk1, its just the cable steady bracket I used off a MK2. though this isnt clear in the photo

quite hard to find these days, you need the manually adjustible cable type ideally as the self-adjusting bracket is too big. but you can cable tie the clutch cable to it though, maybe this piccy will help show what I mean:

for the speedo cable you might get away with oiling it up, on my 1.6 it was jumpy becasue all the outer cover had cracked and dried it out. so what i did was clean up any loose ends of cable then gave it a couple sprays of oil where the cable was exposed to the elements. left it a bit then dried off all the excess oil and covered all the exposed areas with hevy duty duct tape. after a couple days the speedo was smooth as silk once again :)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.