Skip navigation

Series 1 v series 2

Back to the top

Series 1 v series 2

August 1980

Banner

Back to the top
i want a S1 mk1 ! ! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
They are almost too cool.  I do prefer my S1 GTI to S2 GTI's and its not even finished!

Back to the top
So nearly bought one last year, one owner from new! kp73 beat me to it.

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
Splash the cash and might let you have one of mine  :wink:

Banner

Back to the top
Ummmmmmm tempting

1990 MK1 Golf GTI Cabriolet
1983 MK1 Golf Campaign
Banner

Back to the top
what's the difference in the slam panel?
I think you guys would have a field day trying to figure out if mines an s1 or s2! haha!!

Alex Butcher - V5 powered MK1!  :ocf_emoticons__borg:

Back to the top

Red-or-Dead said

What year did the turn from a Series 1 to a series 2?

I think it was 1980….

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
So s1 seats and carpets would not fit into my 1983 model, yeah?

Back to the top
have look at this sight http://www.golfgtimk1.com/Start.htm

Back to the top
I can't really see the definitive answer in there. Even if the seats are easily modifyable, then I'd be happy to do it.

So basically, can I put series 1 OEM seats into my 1983 car? (a little bit of modding is fine by me if necessary)

Back to the top
they will fit but you will never find series 1 seats go in it there like rocking horse shxx  to find what I did with my  series 1 was used series2 seats have them recovered 12936539_10154128065618966_6839333326130488216_n.jpg  

Back to the top
Thanks. Alright, so I think I'll get the series 1 seats and put them in my 1983 version :) Thanks!

Back to the top
The seats will physically fit providing they are post-77, however they are different frames, foams, cloth. The rear seat in the pic above is incorrect for Series 1.

Banner

Back to the top
What about stuff like seatbelt mountings? The series 1 seats I am looking at don't have the seatbelt buckle mounted to them, where I think the series 2 seats DO have the seatbelt buckles mounted to them.

So putting series 1 seats in a series 2 messes with the seatbelt mountings etc or is it ok?

Back to the top
Depends on the seat and year. Some are mounted to the seat and others the tunnel.

Banner

Back to the top
Why are things never easy?…

These are the seats and carpet:

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=classifieds%2Finterior-trim-and_2%2Fmk1-golf-series-1-3_5&=&redirected=1&filtered=1#post_1534915

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=classifieds%2Finterior-trim-and_2%2Fmk1-golf-series-1-3_2&=&redirected=1&filtered=1#post_1534916

Thing that bothers me is that the seats don't seem to have anywhere to mount a belt-buckle on…and I'm not sure my car has mounting points on the central tunnel…

Back to the top

Lee_dub said

fuel pump is mounted in a different place.

is it? I know my fuel lines go though the front inner wing, but didnt notice the pump location was different. 

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.