Skip navigation

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

Back to the top

83 mk1 gti resto (PORSCHE PEST) sadly everything for sale

the rear lower valance was a bit tatty so i welded a new one in to freshen the back end up

Back to the top
i left the body work alone today as ive got a set of bbs rm012 tucked away in the garage that needed a polish and ive just got hold of a fresh looking parcel shelf which i probably paid well of the odds for.(but weve all done it in the name of mk1 restro,s lol)                                                                            

Back to the top
nice project mate, i had to change the roof on mine (not to get rid of sunroof but cuz it looked like someone had a party on the it lol), u doin all the work urself?

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top

chipster2407 said

nice project mate, i had to change the roof on mine (not to get rid of sunroof but cuz it looked like someone had a party on the it lol), u doin all the work urself?
yes mate all the works been done buy myself im only using rattle can primer to keep the surface rust at bay inbetween panel repair,it will have a bare metal respray when all the jobs are done but not by me,keep up the good work ill watch over your project:)

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
today i welded a tiny plate in the n/s and o/s rear inner arches cleaned up and schuts them to freshen it up

Back to the top
both the rear brake drums were painted in red oxide ? when i removed them i found that the previous owner had renewed the shoes and drums ,(what a touch) so i removed the paint and they are back to new.

Back to the top

Back to the top
The tyre well had a 3 inch section of rust which was cut out and a plate welded in ,then covered in seem paste (pic shows job only half done).

Back to the top
before the mot i gave the under side a good check over again and decided to start cleaning off the wax oil as it looks in good condition im considering having it painted but should i stone chip it first ? any thoughts on it would be appreciated

Back to the top

Back to the top
ive picked up a few bits this week.A pair of new straps to go with my new parcel shelf,a new roof lining to go with the new roof and a couple of mint hockey sticks to finish of the doors.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
This week ive started to remove all the wax oil and under seal from the floor pan (what a gutty job) so it was out with the fuel tank and rear axle to gain access

Back to the top
good luck fitting the headlining mate, just tried fitting mine today wat a mission it is lol

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.