Skip navigation

2011 Calendar Competition

Back to the top

As usual I'm looking for contributors for the 2011 MK1 Owners' Club Calendar. Competition gets stiffer every year as does the rush to buy one so if you want to be considered you'll need to get your entry in asap.

Theme
There is no theme. all I want is some imagination and an image that's high enough resolution to use. All MK1 Golfs are needed. Last year we had plenty of GTIs and Cabbys so a little more from the 1.1 and the 1.3 guys would be nice. I try and cover all cars and all styles so please don't think your car won't be good enough.

So what do we want to see?
Resto projects in any state
Bling show cars
Daily Drivers
Modded engine bays
Standard interiors
Moody scenic shots
Rolling shots
Cars at shows
AGM shots

You get the idea - anything and everything will be considered but the more unusual and imaginative the better!

Requirements
They must be HI RES. Every year I get a raft of images that are brilliant but just too lo res to use! Please ensure they are hi res so nothing off your phone.

Image Rights
I had a number of shots submitted that were 'borrowed' from other sources. We cannot use the image if it isn't yours!

Deadline
Submissions will close on Friday 1st October. If you want the best chance of being included get in quickly.

How do I submit a photo?
You're welcome to upload any images you want to be considered to this thread. You will also need to submit your HI RES image to me by email @ design vwgolfmk1 .org.uk. This is the only way you will make the shortlist.

Who decides if I get chosen?
As the Design Manager I have the final say however the whole Committee will have a say in who gets in, that way it's fair.

There will be an announcement asap after the closing date and successful members will be notified by email.

There are no prizes apart from the kudos of being in the calendar but for the first time we're running a competition for July! Anyone submitting an image taken at the AGM will have it considered for July. The member will be given a FREE calendar!

Above all it's a bit of fun and a chance to see your car in print so have fun with the camera and remember they don't have to be perfect shots or perfect cars.

I'll upload some example images to give you an idea of what I'm after but I really want to see what you have in mind!

Thanks and good luck

T

Back to the top
I will start as standard as they come kaykay3's  engine bay

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
My 1.3 driver:

high res on the way, sorry if theres too many pics :redfaced:

What doesn't kill me can only make me stronger.

Mk1 will be back.

Back to the top

Will email them over, I just need to find my hi res ones   :redfaced:

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
hi, is this one any good?

regards

chris n helen  :D

Chris

Banner

Back to the top

The only high res one I have of my cabby, not high exciting but pretty shiney  :lol:

MK1 GTi Cab '91' H Black
Mars Red Campaign - work in progress
MK1 GTi Sportline '92' J Red

Back to the top
Bump.

T

Back to the top
Bump.

T

Back to the top
Got this at the AGM:

Or this one of your good self after what appeared to be a good saturday night before show 'n' shine:

OORRR this (front cover.. maybe ;))

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
I appreciate it's early but if we're going to have a calendar we need to get it ready for the NEC. Also this will probably be my only free time for a while so help me out here and get your pics in now.

Thanks

T

Back to the top

Here's Mine

Here's Mine

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2748/dadssig.gif

Back to the top
VW All Types, Club Stand 2010

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Hi See below for my entries into 2011 calender hope you like   :mrgreen:

I Can E-mail mega high def ones if i get chosen

Regards
Rich

Back to the top

Click on the pic for the high res version.

MY80 GTI | MY07 GTI | MY10 S3

Back to the top

email sent.

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti
1994 golf vr6 - gone but not forgotten
2005 mk5 gti family wagen

Back to the top
or…

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

Back to the top

Lima said

Click on the pic for the high res version.

Nice shot.

Can we have some emailed over please so I can start seeing if they're actually big enough or in focus enough to use.

Oh and although they're very nice can we have a little less work in photoshop as each month has to work as a whole and I can't use the retouched stuff as it'll look out of place.

Cheers and keep them coming.

T :wink:

Back to the top

MORE PICS 2011

Back to the top
BUMP!

T

Back to the top
some more sent to you..

1983 mars red gti
1984 mars red gti

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.