Skip navigation

Gti-16v wiring.

Back to the top

Gti-16v wiring.

Gunna be doing the 16v route again but this time not doing carbs, using kjet.
Got my head around most of it now exept the extra wiring needed from 1.8 gti loom to take 16v (Kr)

Also while here, on the rubber directly from the metering head is an outlet about 1", what goes here :/.

Thank you.

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti

Back to the top
it depends what you start with.  if already injection then you only need to plug the ecu and give it + and - then either use the air valve from the mk1 or you can wire in the isv from the 16v and its control box. i have just wired the mk1 air valve in in place of the isv on mine and it idles ok. but i am told the isv is simple to wire in.

all the rest of the mk1 gti engine loom plugs straight in to your kr engine but will need re routing in the bay

the 1" inlet on the metering head rubber is for the overun cut off valve it goes to the outlet on airbox below it and has a 2 pin connector and should be connected to your vac. there should be an enrichment switch next to it aswell with a vac line and a 2 pin connection but both these work only if you have wired in the isv so you can plug the hole in the rubber and airbox and not install the valves, wires or vac lines if you not putting this in

Back to the top
Cheers matey. Think I understand it a bit lol.

MK1 Cabby '90 R.I.P

'83 tin top gti
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.