Skip navigation

beware adrian flux et al insurers

Back to the top

beware adrian flux et al insurers

Hello eveyone,I`m hoping to make people aware of the ways insurance companies can take your money without you realising it.

I recently recieved a renewal notice from Adrian Flux informing me that my new premium would be ?208 for my cabby camper,the previous years premium had been ?180.

I called Footman James who quoted me ?174…

Called Adrian Flux who then revised my quote to ?151,but if I paid an extra ?9 Iwould have full breakdown coverage,inc relay at home and abroad.

Fine I thought until I recieved the paperwork the following day offering me this deal.

Now take note…The basic quote was ?85,to which then was added ?14 for extra personal accident and road rage cover for you and any passenger(optional) which hadn`t been mentioned to me,which then brought the price to ?99…then add to that ?75 for platinum breakdown cover…

Dont forget I had the option of paying ?9 for the exact same cover.

I eventually insured the camper for ?85 plus ?15 for agreed value.

I have not yet looked,but I imagine I was suckered last year.

So fellow lookers for cheap insurance beware,I thank you and goodnight :lol:  :lol:

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
I should imagine that many policies our members have,will inc. these added items without them realising. :dontknow:

So we promote them on our site,then they shaft us…

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

Back to the top
I don't get it - there's too many different figures you're floating around. Are you saying the prices are different and its not like-for-like cover? Is the breakdown cover a decent one, or comes with restrictions (ie local distance only or national)? Relay? Home cover? Hire car included? Policy excess? Legal cover to an equivalent amount? etc.

Back to the top
Thats why i went with footman, plus the bloke on the phone at Flux was a complete idiot. Trying to push all sorts on me, needless to say i hung up on the toe rag!!

Back to the top
Just my opinion so flame away.

As a club we do have some influence, especially interms of insurance companies. So I think we should only promote companies who are straightforward and work with us. Otherwise any promoted benefits like 10% off could simply just evaporate through clever marketing.

Therefore any companies especially insurance we should operate a 3 strikes and your out policy. For a strike concerns should be raised with the company and if not addressed for the longer term benefit of club members then that would result in a strike.

Lets not forget they need us as much as we need them

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
Moved to insurance section

Sean

I dont quite follow

did you insure with FJ or Flux in the end????

Figures all other the place and doesnt read easily

If you think you've got an issue with the service from Adrian flux, then let me know and I'll speak to them, if you ended up insuring with them, then whats the issue???

Confused… without the dot com bit…

Back to the top
I will add to save a few responses its not about the club championing personal compliants as they wont work for the greater good.

But I do think the ability to get a straight forward quote with nothing hidden is something that is of interest to us all.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
The point is they had added ?75 for platinum relay cover which wasn`t mentioned when I called for a quote.In other words I should have been informed the quote is ?85,would you like platinum breakdown cover for an extra ?75.
How hard is that to read :dontknow:

Back to the top

djheap22 said

As a club we do have some influence, especially interms of insurance companies. So I think we should only promote companies who are straightforward and work with us. Otherwise any promoted benefits like 10% off could simply just evaporate through clever marketing.

Therefore any companies especially insurance we should operate a 3 strikes and your out policy. For a strike concerns should be raised with the company and if not addressed for the longer term benefit of club members then that would result in a strike.

As just said above, i cant quiet understand Seans posts, did he get a deal in the end, yes.. So whats the issue

Adrian Flux have been very helpful and a pleasure to deal with

I've questioned the discount policy with them and they do offer discounts, not always the same tho so it does pay to shop around!!

As a club we are looking for deals to benefit the club and its members, and Adrian flux have made a genrous donations to this years AGM raffle prizes and also for each and every policy taken out the club recieves a small commission payment

I persoannly have found them very usefult o deal with and so far following questions asked have been the most popular choice for under 25's

I take on board a three strike policy for the advertisers, but what i dont get is, was this something worth a strike,

From what i read, Seans complaining because last year he took a policy then this year they upped it (as all insurance companies do) then when shopping round he's found a better deal???

If so, thats life, we will always get the best deals by shopping round…

So if anyone else wants to recomend a company for getting a members deal with, let me know and I'll try and organise it..

Or would you all prefer we have no benefits from anyone??

Back to the top

djheap22 said

I will add to save a few responses its not about the club championing personal compliants as they wont work for the greater good.

But I do think the ability to get a straight forward quote with nothing hidden is something that is of interest to us all.

Thankyou dj,hows the sunroof going by the way??

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

The point is they had added ?75 for platinum relay cover which wasn`t mentioned when I called for a quote.In other words I should have been informed the quote is ?85,would you like platinum breakdown cover for an extra ?75.

now you've worded it like that

very simple!!!

did you take out the policy with Adrian FLux in the end???

Back to the top

paul_c said

I don't get it - there's too many different figures you're floating around. Are you saying the prices are different and its not like-for-like cover? Is the breakdown cover a decent one, or comes with restrictions (ie local distance only or national)? Relay? Home cover? Hire car included? Policy excess? Legal cover to an equivalent amount? etc.

What I`m saying is,the quote over the phonefrom Adrian Flux was ?151 without comprehensive breakdown cover,with this cover it was then ?160.

When I recieved the paperwork I was informed that ?75 had been added for platinum breakdown cover,which means I had platinum breakdown cover plus the comprehensive breakdown cover.

Basic annual quote ?85
Extra personal accident and roadrage cover ?14
platinum breakdown cover ?75
comprehensive breakdown cover?9

Can`t you see what I mean??

The price was ?85 to insure my camper,over the phone I was told it was either ?151 without comprehensive breakdown cover or?160 with.

Back to the top
Breakdown cover is insurance of sorts. If you were "missold" this insurance, eg by interia selling, then if you've suffered any loss then its a case to take up initially with Adrian Flux (the compeny), then if no success the FSA, etc.

The club's influence on insurers is now diluted with 3 companies doing a club discount, since there is no one company which could say they have exclusivity for Mk1 Golf OC. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the insurers decided to withdraw their members discount, since without exclusivity it kind of doesn't do them any favours any more. I can understand that we needed to get another insurer on board due to FJ's over 25s policy.

Maybe some kind of coherent plan needs to be in place? Or is the plan to get as many as possible companies to offer discounts?

Back to the top

Lawsy said

SEAN1151 said

very simple!!!

Yes I did after getting it to ?85 plus ?15 for agreed value of the camper.
But members should be advised what they are paying for.My advise is ask the insurer to send you a copy of the quote before you hand out the cash.If I hadn`t Id have paid ?60 too much.

And why ???

Back to the top

paul_c said

Breakdown cover is insurance of sorts. If you were "missold" this insurance, eg by interia selling, then if you've suffered any loss then its a case to take up initially with Adrian Flux (the compeny), then if no success the FSA, etc.

The club's influence on insurers is now diluted with 3 companies doing a club discount, since there is no one company which could say they have exclusivity for Mk1 Golf OC. I wouldn't be surprised if one or more of the insurers decided to withdraw their members discount, since without exclusivity it kind of doesn't do them any favours any more. I can understand that we needed to get another insurer on board due to FJ's over 25s policy.

Maybe some kind of coherent plan needs to be in place? Or is the plan to get as many as possible companies to offer discounts?

Your correct about making a complaint,but surely the point is if you don`t realise what has occured your powerless and a few quid out of pocket.

My sole reason for posting this was to forewarn people of what can and does happen.

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

Lawsy said

SEAN1151 said

very simple!!!

Yes I did after getting it to ?85 plus ?15 for agreed value of the camper.
But members should be advised what they are paying for.My advise is ask the insurer to send you a copy of the quote before you hand out the cash.If I hadn`t Id have paid ?60 too much.

And why ???

In fairness, probably could be said of every other insurer. As an example, every time they quote, FJ lower it by adding a "garage clause" to my policy, which means that despite my not even having a garage, they won't cover the car for damage/theft between 10pm and 6am unless its in a garage. I can (and have) removed this clause, but I need to ask for it to be done each time, and it bumps the premium up. So effectively, with the clause in place, its not quite comprehensive insurance.

Another trick these days is keeping your payment details and automatically renewing the policy for you, which means you might be caught out if you forgot about it but changed insurers. And they can argue that its a convenience feature because it assures your insurance won't run out. But then its convenient for them too cos they have your money!

Back to the top

djheap22 said

You have hit the nail on the head.I could have been ?60 lighter because of this.
Seems its gonna get swept under the carpet.Hope you take note :wink:

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

paul_c said

Your correct about making a complaint,but surely the point is if you don`t realise what has occured your powerless and a few quid out of pocket.

My sole reason for posting this was to forewarn people of what can and does happen.

You're not powerless - if it were mis-sold then you're entitled to a refund. You just have to be sure to ask for it. Since insurance documents contain words and phrases such as "please make sure you read these documents thoroughly" etc then they've pretty much covered themselves once it gets to paper documents signed and returned. If the sale was done over the phone (and payment done), there's also distance selling regulations.

I think a lot of people ignore official documents, or just assume things, though.

Back to the top

paul_c said

SEAN1151 said

paul_c said

You're not powerless - if it were mis-sold then you're entitled to a refund. You just have to be sure to ask for it. Since insurance documents contain words and phrases such as "please make sure you read these documents thoroughly" etc then they've pretty much covered themselves once it gets to paper documents signed and returned. If the sale was done over the phone (and payment done), there's also distance selling regulations.

I think a lot of people ignore official documents, or just assume things, though.

I understand what your saying regarding refunds etc,but…what if you never realise this has happened?
Thats what gets my goat,to coin a phrase..
This thread will now die,and people will still be getting conned,it`s so annoying.

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

I understand what your saying regarding refunds etc,but…what if you never realise this has happened?
Thats what gets my goat,to coin a phrase..
This thread will now die,and people will still be getting conned,it`s so annoying.

The only way you'd not realise it had happened, is if you don't read the insurance documents when they arrive in the post?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.