Skip navigation

Had some fun NOW WITH PICS OF BAY 18th Oct

Back to the top

Had some fun NOW WITH PICS OF BAY 18th Oct

My friend Stuart finally got his mk1 back from Awesome after a year, and wow the performance.
he took me for a spin in it, i was stunned, it was originally a 1.8 gti, it has had a Audi tt 225 block put in turbo and all, i did get pics of engine but sd card goosed up so only have some of car.
Car hits 100 in no time, i really did enjoy myself, i could not stop laughing as my head went back :lol:
 I never have had the chance to sit in a mk1 with such power and i can honestly say i will never forget it.
Stuart who is known to some here & runs his own garage in whitefield is looking forward to a regional meet in northwest area so he can come along, with moving home recently he has not had no internet.
So i will keep him informed of any meets due to come soon in NW area.
Pete :wink:
This is the beast

Back to the top
looking standardish with a weaponunder the bonnet! awesome! he'll surprise a few with that at the lights!

Back to the top
Looks good !!!

Nice and standard with a twist of lemon!!!!

Andy and I are planning a North West meet for Christmas time, It will activity based…. can you wait that long!!

Dan

Back to the top
I am seeing him tomorrow so will let him know, as i am waiting to have a go at driving it if he trust me too, i will be like a kid in a sweet shop if i can , then i have to give it back :cry:
I will try and get piccies of the bay, really is stunning.
Will be nice to meet up again, now mine is sorted and running
Pete  :wink:

Back to the top
I was in awesome the other week this isnt the one which the owner spent over 11,000  8O  on the whole conversion is it??

looks very sweet indeed.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

I was in awesome the other week this isnt the one which the owner spent over 11,000  8O  on the whole conversion is it??

looks very sweet indeed.

If Awsome have had it for a year i cant be far off!!

Back to the top
11g is about 6 days for awesome. :roll:

Back to the top

A5OPY said

looks very sweet indeed.

Andy your correct fella, it is the one, and i had the chance of driving it for an hour today and seriously enjoyed myself, wow i didnt want to take it back.
Anyway heres pics i took after i got home in it
Pete :D  :D  :D

Back to the top
jeez them calipers look tight to the wheel.

Obviously a quality job, fantastic looking engine bay.

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top
:drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

Oh yeah did i mention  :drool:

Back to the top
wow.  8)

Lick my Decals off baby!

Back to the top
Very nice  :D

Back to the top
Driving it out of this world, the car is stunning in flesh, paint is smooth as a babies rear, i really wish i could own something like this for the rush alone.

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Driving it out of this world, the car is stunning in flesh, paint is smooth as a babies rear, i really wish i could own something like this for the rush alone.

another one converted so when you going to get one pedders ive got 2 on my drive at the moment

1 is a 200bhp
and a 260 bhp

and yes they hit the 100 in no time at all cars like this are a serious bit of kit

Back to the top
I know they've spent 11k on the conversion but what would one of those sell for?

Back to the top
I dont know myself, but had a little discussion with owner aka member here called BIGSTEW and i have 1st dabs if he ever sells it, i never wanted bigger blocks i.e gti's, turbo's etc, but after this……………………… :D
It currently produces 300bhp
Better start saving :lol:

Back to the top
That's a nice conversion!  Been in a couple of 20v and it's pretty addictive, hopefully having a crack at this myself soon.

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

That's a nice conversion!  Been in a couple of 20v and it's pretty addictive, hopefully having a crack at this myself soon.

do it mate it will be the best thing you can do for instant grin :lol:

Back to the top
I'll drop a mk1 off for you tomorrow, what do you want, a cab or tintop? :lol:

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

I'll drop a mk1 off for you tomorrow, what do you want, a cab or tintop? :lol:

if you wait a month ill be moving to kent and ill have a garage at home i dont mind doing it if you get the bits :wink:  i love helping fellow members with 20v conversions

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.