Skip navigation

4wd mk1 any one?

Back to the top

Back to the top
This is a good solid car

will need a support bar fitted across the rear arches

Yeah I wonder why the project is incomplete…..

Back to the top
i get the feeling that there's alot of work to be done on that one yet.

Back to the top
Tracking this one :)

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
me too :mrgreen:

Back to the top

collo16v said

Tracking this one :)

are you going to bid or am i free to have ago ??????

Back to the top
Ben feel free ,I will bid but all in good time,good luck and may the best man win :D

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Not interested myself in bidding but it would be good to see either of you buy it and finish it off. The advert doesn't seem to give much in the way of details how he's gone about the conversion so far. If it was easy to finish….I imagine he'd have finished it? So maybe still a LOT of work there, before its anything like a nice car.

I assume you'd ditch the 16V and be putting a 500+ bhp engine in, to do it justice?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Not interested myself in bidding but it would be good to see either of you buy it and finish it off. The advert doesn't seem to give much in the way of details how he's gone about the conversion so far. If it was easy to finish….I imagine he'd have finished it? So maybe still a LOT of work there, before its anything like a nice car.

I assume you'd ditch the 16V and be putting a 500+ bhp engine in, to do it justice?

Yep,16v has a potential new home iin a friends cabby if I win it,and i have always wanted to be really silly and fit a Audi Quattro Turbo engine in a Golf!!

Back to the top

collo16v said

paul_c said

Yep,16v has a potential new home iin a friends cabby if I win it,and i have always wanted to be really silly and fit a Audi Quattro Turbo engine in a Golf!!

Well there's 2 cars I can think of with 4WD, one of them has a transverse 1.8T of around 400-500bhp, the other has an inline 5 cyl Audi turbo, around 500-600bhp. They're pretty close in performance on the old 1/4 mile too - fun times to watch them.

Back to the top
i do hope this won't affect the budget on the 'other' ebay item

Back to the top

wooders said

i do hope this won't affect the budget on the 'other' ebay item

You have pm :D

Back to the top
well ive spoken to the owner  :lol:  and had a good chin wag about what has been done what needs doing

only main structual things are rear diff needs a support brace welding in and the shell could probally do with seam welding

all the bits are there gear box prop ect if i was to bid and win the 16v would go in the cabby and the 20vt would be sent away to be fettled with with the introduction of a t4 turbo  :lol:

Back to the top
i have a budget but i think collos may be bigger we will see. i just didnt want us both to bid each other skint  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
So the only question now is….will it be quicker than a VR6 with nitrous and 'inferior' 2WD?

Back to the top
depends how quick a 4wd mk1 is with

2.0 20vt
hybrid T4
nos
launch control

ect ect ect

this is what ive been looking for so it would be the last mk1 i build hence the reason it would be the quickest ive owned

Back to the top
and it's a proper one

Back to the top

wooders said

and it's a proper one

yep 4wd

Back to the top
Went for more than I was prepared to pay over ?500??? 8O

Back to the top
same here oh well looks like the cabby will be 4wd just need to get a haldex setup

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.