Skip navigation

Breaking MK1 Golf Cabriolet 1457cc, GLS (Dorset)

Back to the top

Bought this car as donor for spares, if you need anything please PM me..

Hi bud, would likey be interested in the floors depending on condition? Any pics?

Back to the top

steveey said

Hi bud, would likey be interested in the floors depending on condition? Any pics?

Hi mate, possibly - though one side is definitely blown (see my project page for images) and not had a chance to check underside properly yet.  Can you upload a sketch of some sort to show what part of the floor pan you are looking for please?

Cheers, Dave.

David
Poole, Dorset

Mk1 GL Cabriolet, 1457cc Manual, Papyrus Green:  Long term restoration of a car that's been in the family since new:   Project DEL BOY
Mk1 Golf GLS Cabriolet, 1457cc Auto, Yellow/Light Blue: Breaking for spares (anyone need a shell?): Breaking Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1457cc, GLS (Dorset)

Back to the top
Dave, have you got a number I could text as I don't often use these forums? I'm only in Portsmouth and your donor car could prove useful to me also lol 

Back to the top
Hi do you have any scraper seals for the outside of the windows ? 

Back to the top
Do you have a. Lock set, per chance

Back to the top
Is the Header tank holder on the turret still avail?

MK1 Golf 4x4 Build
MK1 Golf 4X4 | Facebook

Back to the top
Do you have the whole 5 speed setup?

If so how much posted?

Mk1 Jetta. Soon to be running bonkers Mtdi :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi can you pm me you phone pls 

Back to the top

steveey said

Dave, have you got a number I could text as I don't often use these forums? I'm only in Portsmouth and your donor car could prove useful to me also lol
Hi Steveey,

Sorry for the delay in response - i'll PM you my number now.  I currently have the shell on stands - last things to remove is the rear axle, brake master cylinder, wings doors and screen.

Once I'm done, there is a pretty decent shell going spare (including the hood)..

Last edit: by Scamparelli

David
Poole, Dorset

Mk1 GL Cabriolet, 1457cc Manual, Papyrus Green:  Long term restoration of a car that's been in the family since new:   Project DEL BOY
Mk1 Golf GLS Cabriolet, 1457cc Auto, Yellow/Light Blue: Breaking for spares (anyone need a shell?): Breaking Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1457cc, GLS (Dorset)

Back to the top

galsaz said

Hi do you have any scraper seals for the outside of the windows ? 

Hi galsaz,

Sorry for delay in response.

I'm not sure which seal you are referring to, but I will be holding on to all the rubbers and seals until my project is complete.

Thanks, Dave.

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top

Dessie66 said

Do you have a. Lock set, per chance

Hi Dessie,

I may have a lock set spare, but I will only be removing these when I remove and sell the doors just before I get rid of the shell, so there may be a delay with these.

Are you just looking for driver and passenger door locks?

Thanks, David

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top

Climbatize said

Is the Header tank holder on the turret still avail?

Hi Climbatize,

Sorry for the delay in response.

I think I have this spare (just need to check my original to make sure it's in good shape before I offer this up).

Just to confirm, you mean the bracket that holds the small spherical green header tank yes?

Thanks, David

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top

Richy_Rich said

Do you have the whole 5 speed setup?

If so how much posted?

Hi Richy,

The donor car had an Auto gearbox (not sure if this was 5 speed) - is this what you are after?  If so I have all the bits.

Thanks, David

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top

Austin Line said

Hi can you pm me you phone pls 

PM you now..

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top
Hi David
Have you a passenger side exterior door handle, not worried about the lock (as I see you are selling a lock set)
I just need the handle, I will take both if its easier
Price with post please
 Cheers kurt

1989 helio\'s blue clipper

Back to the top
do you have the front left door?

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top

slowandlow said

do you have the front left door?

Hi there, yes I do.

Do you want just the door skin (i.e. not with glass, rubbers, window mechanism, handles etc)?  If so £80 collected..

Let me know if of interest.

Kind regards,

David

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top
is the "Golf GLS" rear badge any good?

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

is the "Golf GLS" rear badge any good?

I will have to have a look tonight if I get a chance and take a picture if any good..

David
Poole, Dorset

Back to the top
Hi. Do you still have front belts? 

If so can I ask for a picture of the buckle? 

Thanks
Rich

Mk1 Jetta. Soon to be running bonkers Mtdi :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.