Skip navigation

Military Golf with PIC

Back to the top

Military Golf with PIC

Bundeswehr Golf pic I found on German Mk1 site.  I think its cool.  Maybe an idea for a paintjob for that daily driver you don't know what to do with??

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Oh yes. Thankyou.

I now know what colour I'll be painting the golf when it's done.  :P

I've even got all the equipment and tools and paint to do it already.

Any closer pics of the markings?

Yradave says relax.

Back to the top
was gonna go down this route or red oxide till i could afford real paint.

Back to the top
You can have what markings you want.  I had an original Bundeswehr Beetle (1978) it had faded paint and painted out markings.  I managed to get an outline and then painted them back.  There should be websites with all the different division emblems on them and then take your pick.  The markings will be on pass side of bonnet corner and opposite corner of the tailgate….I think.  Most of the insignia involved white rectangles with a number in the corner or at the side and a symbol like a propeller for the aircraft engineers on an air base….They also had the tyre pressure on each wheel arch in 'bar'.

Excuse for a pic of my car in 1994, a  factory built special model, to be replaced by the Mk1 golf special.  They had a basic interior with a reserve tap and no fuel gauge!  Even in 1978, so basic.

Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
Sorry, have to post this up, came up on my local forum

:P

Back to the top
I saw that on a google search….Awesome.  Bet they don't have a class for that at Stanford Hall!!

Back to the top
is it me or does it look likeyou may shoot your aerils off.  all 4 of them

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

is it me or does it look likeyou may shoot your aerils off.  all 4 of them

is it me, or does it look heavily photoshopped?

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  

Back to the top
:dontknow:  me no understandy. X are you on the humble?

Back to the top
ARMY ARMY ARMY… :D

i've always wanted an army car. seen a few mk2's done that way at the leeds show, mk1 looked wicked.

hmmm, maybe i'll mount an MG42 on mine….

ash

Back to the top
I think it looks ace

Ratty without being all beaten up

Back to the top
I like that

I saw a mk3 polo at a show in 07 with that colour scheme and camo painted wheels..

I'm in midst of red-oxiding my mk2  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
looks like i've been pipped to the post on the redoxiding.

bugger

Back to the top

tyeness said

Man this looks qulaity….. Must have spent a fortune to get it done to this spec.

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

X said

is it me, or does it look heavily photoshopped?

It's you  :lol:

Back to the top
Military Bundeswehr markings for vehicles.

http://www.golfsrudel.at/Golf1-BW-Foto.htm

Back to the top
Cool site, What do these guys do ?

Diesel Possessed

A97JCE

Feeby

Back to the top

allana13 said

tyeness said

Man this looks qulaity….. Must have spent a fortune to get it done to this spec.

not seen those as dealer options. maybe i'm not looking in the right part of the brochure. :dontknow:

Back to the top
I think it is a collector….not much for sale…I'd have the Bundeswehr Golf and a few others.

Back to the top
not seen those as dealer options. maybe i'm not looking in the right part of the brochure

When I had a factory spec military/Bundeswehr spec 1978 Beetle (pic on previous page), there were parts actually availoable for the miltary models through VW!  Some trim was Olive Green and there were/maybe still available 'Black' badging…..I remember a guy in the early '90's customising his Mk2 Golf with military spec 'Golf' script badges from VW….They were offered in matt black for the Mk2 Golf at least…seems strange they didn't just pain them?!

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.