Skip navigation

G60 Conversion

Back to the top
Thanks guys, you're right the Passat steel wheels do suit the car. 

I think silver wheels won't suit the car without some dark tones. The rm's I had before had black inners and polished lips which looked right. 

I have seen le castellets with anthracite centres and polished lips and they looked smart. Also Sebring's will look great in a darker colour. :thumbs:

Back to the top
For the le castellets something like this:

Back to the top
Oooooh, they look nice   :thumbs:

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Oooooh, they look nice   :thumbs:

Yeah I think they look the biz :)

I contacted Pristine a couple weeks ago but no one has got back.

Does anyone know any good wheel refurb places?

Back to the top
Oh and are there any club discount members?

Back to the top

RichG said

I have used pristine before to refurb some OEM vw 17" wheels on my daily driver. Very happy with them and the service, especially as the original wheel finish was diamond turned and I wanted to keep the factory look on them.

I contacted Pristine recently to see if they can sort out my Sebrings after that recent courier issue. I had to chase them up and was told Pristine had experienced some email issues and had backlog of emails to get through. They quoted me £60+VAT per wheel.

HTH

Lhasa2008

Back to the top

Lhasa2008 said

RichG said

I have used pristine before to refurb some OEM vw 17" wheels on my daily driver. Very happy with them and the service, especially as the original wheel finish was diamond turned and I wanted to keep the factory look on them.

I contacted Pristine recently to see if they can sort out my Sebrings after that recent courier issue. I had to chase them up and was told Pristine had experienced some email issues and had backlog of emails to get through. They quoted me £60+VAT per wheel.

HTH

Lhasa2008

Hi bud

I've used Pristine before to refurb my williams wheels. They needed to be diamond cut and the gold was spot on to the original. I have no doubts about the quality. I will try a different email account but I have used their online contact form as well as email them with no response.

I'll try again :)

Cheers

Back to the top
Bit of a mission today. I replaced my heater blower, resistor pack and heater switch with new items. Changed everything over and then gave it a blast to find it didn't work!!

Traced the power feed from the switch back to the fuse box and inspected the fuse and everything was all right, tried again and the heater worked. Looked at the fuse and the contacts seemed fine so replaced that with a new one and everything seems to be working perfectly :)Which led me to this to finish off the scuttle:

gallery_23668_406_23702.jpg
Unfortunately my fuel filter is in the way :(Didn't really want to move it though.
gallery_23668_406_87249.jpg
gallery_23668_406_321079.jpg gallery_23668_406_324683.jpg

So trimmed it down and now fits ;)
gallery_23668_406_200842.jpg
TIP OF THE DAY!!

I was trying to find a stainless replacement for the clips that fasten the scuttle panel trim and found an unusual alternative.

I bought some of these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000I6NOS6/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

Fit perfectly :)

Last edit: by Rich.

Back to the top

RichG said

For the le castellets something like this:

Ooo, now I'm normally not the biggest fan of these - but they look good!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
UPDATE:

I have been trying to fit my G60 standard air box but have decided to give up with that as it's far too tight to fit.

I have been scouring ebay and researching alternative VW air boxes but nothing has the inlet and outlet in the correct location to allow the air feed and outlet to align with the supercharger, plus they are far too wide.

In the end I found a 2015 Civic Type R (FN2) air box. It seems to fit on the chassis leg really well, is designed for 200bhp as stock and will utilise a standard honda paper air filter. The inlet and outlet are on the same side of the box so a cold air feed is easy to connect. The inlet pipe OD is 80mm and outlet to supercharger 78mm.

Back to the top

Back to the top
I'm liking that airbox solution Rich. What mods did you have to do to get it to fit? Have you got any more pics of it piped up too?

Also loving the P Slots but haven't seen that centre fitment before.  Are they designed for metal centre caps?

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top

tidymike said

I'm liking that airbox solution Rich. What mods did you have to do to get it to fit? Have you got any more pics of it piped up too?

Also loving the P Slots but haven't seen that centre fitment before.  Are they designed for metal centre caps?

Hi Mike,

The only modification I've had to do to the air box is cut a tiny mounting leg off at the rear so that it follows the contour of the wing. I reckon I could have left it on to be honest but gives you a bit more room.

I have provisionally mounted the box but will finish it off at the weekend and post some pictures up for you :).

Re the P slots they are the 8P 15" 6" width fps / pirelli variety that would have the rare metal centres. I have g60 centre caps I will modify to fit whilst I fabricate alloy ones.

Back to the top

tidymike said

Made some progress on the air box today.

Made all my mount parts out of 3mm aluminium.

Started with the base plate, I utilised the stock hole in the chassis leg. I had to remove the bumper to get my arm in the chassis leg to fasten the bolt, arm was covered in wax lol.
gallery_23668_406_1776721.jpg
next I created a mounting bracket on the airbox using the stock rubber isolating bungs:
gallery_23668_406_1781580.jpg

Then it took quite a bit of trial and error to create a link bracket:

gallery_23668_406_9968.jpg
And then finally in situe :)also removed the washer bottle bracket, gives a bit more room.
gallery_23668_406_438995.jpg
gallery_23668_406_1541187.jpg
gallery_23668_406_1051486 (1).jpg
Going to fasten the air box to the plate on the chassis leg with wing nuts for quick release as the filter can only be removed with the air box out. :)

Back to the top
Anybody got any ideas how I can plug the hole in the outlet? The internal diameter of the hole is 27mm.

Back to the top
Nice job fitting the airbox, love a bit of home engineering  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Lovely job Rich, thanks for sharing the pics  :thumbs:

I guess you just need a stepped bung making up do you to blank off the MAF sensor hole?

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Nice job fitting the airbox, love a bit of home engineering  :thumbs:

Matt

Cheers chap, I need to get an ac tig, would be great to make custom parts out of alloy. Bolts will have to do for now :)

Back to the top

tidymike said

Lovely job Rich, thanks for sharing the pics  :thumbs:

I guess you just need a stepped bung making up do you to blank off the MAF sensor hole?

Thanks Mike, I have ordered a billet alloy bung, with a bit sealant should do the job :D

Back to the top
Nice work Rich! looks great :wub:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.