Skip navigation

Planning for AGM 2016

Back to the top
After attending the 2014 AGM and having a great weekend apart from the M6 shutting, I booked my holidays for my usual 2 weeks at the start of July, knowing that the AGM is later in July.

As we all know the committee found out my holiday dates and moved the AGM so I couldn't make it 😉

So the Smith clan will not be attempting the hazardous journey through the wilds of Engerland fending of the wildlings and like.

So hopefully for 2016 I can make the AGMin my beautiful wee s1 as in July next year I do not go on holiday at all as my wee lad goes to Italy with the school so we are not going away until August😊

The question would be -

Would I need to trailer the car down ? As I don't fancy a 7 hr drive down the West coast at 55 mph each way ?? But then obviously drive it all weekend 👍

Back to the top
ew
jellybelly
Ginner
chortle
lhasadreams
CabrioAnna
36thcrazyfist
Yomp
Hairyarse

Well done to you all for doing the AGM prep for this year and I hope it's a cracker 👍

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

After attending the 2014 AGM and having a great weekend apart from the M6 shutting, I booked my holidays for my usual 2 weeks at the start of July, knowing that the AGM is later in July.

As we all know the committee found out my holiday dates and moved the AGM so I couldn't make it 😉

So the Smith clan will not be attempting the hazardous journey through the wilds of Engerland fending of the wildlings and like.

So hopefully for 2016 I can make the AGMin my beautiful wee s1 as in July next year I do not go on holiday at all as my wee lad goes to Italy with the school so we are not going away until August😊

The question would be -

Would I need to trailer the car down ? As I don't fancy a 7 hr drive down the West coast at 55 mph each way ?? But then obviously drive it all weekend 👍

Whatever way you come down it would b great to see your car, try coming down on the Friday afternoon , you'll be lucky to get 55mph on the M6 anyway.  If yor trailering then aren't you limited to 50mph anyway or at least you won't be going much faster.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
RichardHall

The M6 is never good anyway never mind a Friday.

Thursday or Friday evening would be best or even stay at my friends on the Thursday night in Rochdale ??

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

I think only you can answer that Chris!

Back to the top
blimey your planning even earlyer than we are :)

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers Chris, hope to see you guys next year :thumbs:

Banner

Back to the top
I wouldn't plan too far ahead, you might sell it and have had another 2 by then   :lol:  :lol:

It is spanking, I would be tempted to trailer it.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Me too but I've not got a car with a tow bar so that would mean my mate hopefully using his pickup ???

Back to the top
Bruv,  the dates weren't to avoid you mate.we couldn't get our normal date which is why it took so long to confirm to everyone the date.

I say drive your wee S1 and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Engerland at a nice steady 50mph. 

Cheers, Dave.

Banner

Back to the top

Ginner said

Bruv,  the dates weren't to avoid you mate.we couldn't get our normal date which is why it took so long to confirm to everyone the date.

I say drive your wee S1 and enjoy the beautiful countryside of Engerland at a nice steady 50mph. 

I know big bro ☺️

It may have to be a drive as the hassle of hiring a trailer and the towbar issue 😁

Back to the top
Drive the Mk1 & avoid the M6.

Set the satnav for shortest journey and it takes you all sorts of wonderful places.

Even the A1 can be very scenic roundabout darlington, where you can pick up the A19, then head a little inland and have the satnav set to avoid motorways.  It'll take an age, but the drive and roads will be excellent.  I'd also tick avoid unpaved roads, one trip recently seen me head through a dirt track in Kielder Forrest.

Back to the top
Good shout Craigt

That's a great idea !!!!!!!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.