Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

I know mike it's left hand drive 😬

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
£3350 for me this week please,  not a million miles away last week so hopefully closer this week

Back to the top
Have a crack at £3995…

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
My bid is…..£ 2,595.00 I know she's a minter and seems well looked after but I reckon she's a tricker  :P  :ocf_emoticons__punk:

Back to the top
Not my cup of T old chaps but whatever floats your boat! I have noticed that it does not have side markers on the vehicle so has it had new wings maybe? I'm thinking the owner wants a fare few €uros for this one and my guess is £5900. 
Have a lovelly week all of my fellow GAPpers :thumbs:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
£5400 for the wabbit please

Banner

Back to the top

RichardHall said

That black piece on the rear wing, is it a plug in socket to electrically heat the car in extreme cold?

RichardHall

I was wondering what that is for myself Richard.

First all all I thought it might be for an old fashioned CB Antenna from the 70's or early 80's, some were known as a 'Firestick'.
But on closer inspection I noticed the tow bar does not appear to have a power outlet for trailer lights etc…

So I'm leaning towards that but who knows!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

RichardHall said

That black piece on the rear wing, is it a plug in socket to electrically heat the car in extreme cold?

RichardHall

First all all I thought it might be for an old fashioned CB Antenna from the 70's or early 80's, some were known as a 'Firestick'.
But on closer inspection I noticed the tow bar does not appear to have a power outlet for trailer lights etc…

That'll just be the US spec rear side lights, only the lens is missing from this side but you can just make out the other one in the last picture  :)

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

dubboy said

£5400 for the wabbit please

Well 1 bonus point for dubboy this week for the first person to use the term 'Wabbit'!  :lol:

Fathammer   :thumbs:

Back to the top

mazza411 said

golfcabrio said

RichardHall said

RichardHall

That'll just be the US spec rear side lights, only the lens is missing from this side but you can just make out the other one in the last picture  :)

I think you're right there mazza411 So 1 bonus point for you this week!   :thumbs:

But weren't they front and back? 
I can never remember!  O_o

Fathammer  

And don't worry folks I've still got a bonus point or two this week and there's still something else about this car that doesn't sit well with me!  O_o  :thumbs:

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

I think you're right there mazza411 So 1 bonus point for you this week!   :thumbs:

But weren't they front and back? 
I can never remember!  O_o

Fathammer  

And don't worry folks I've still got a bonus point or two this week and there's still something else about this car that doesn't sit well with me!  O_o  :thumbs:

Early ones had them front and rear but late ones only had the rear I believe  :thumbs:  Why do I know this?  O_o  :lol:

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
According to what I just read from the Internet if you believe everything you read.

The Westmoreland started out as a cheaper version of the Rabbit and I quote :

"Former Chevrolet engineer James McLernon was chosen to run the factory, which was built to lower the cost of the Rabbit in North America by producing it locally. Unfortunately, McLernon tried to "Americanize" the Golf/Rabbit."

So that just might explain a few things for me except one, the value people put on them today!  ;)

That is my personal view and of course does not relate to the price the owner is asking for this one!  :P

Back to the top
£3800 for me this week please. Trying to read between the lines and picking up on your comment 'doesn't sit well with me' Mike. Could this be a clue for a bonus point.  Is it something to do with the suspension as the car seems a little on the high side, or maybe something to do with the seats ?

Back to the top
Is it a double pointer as we have two white golfs to GAP.

£2,035 for the one with the red soft top.

£2,750 for the white tin top with blue leather interior.

Back to the top
Still struggling to see what you have found for the bonus point, so will have another go.

To the right if the instruments it looks like a choke knob, yet being a Diesel it shouldn't have one?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
£1995 for me, costs a lot of money to transfer and register a car from one EU country to another I know as I have done it!! plus its a diesel.  Looks orid too!

1992 Red 'Sportline' LHD from France now in Spain,
1991 White' Young Line' GTI LHD from Germany that I can not take to Spain because of Brexit!😒

Back to the top

watson said

£3800 for me this week please. Trying to read between the lines and picking up on your comment 'doesn't sit well with me' Mike. Could this be a clue for a bonus point.  Is it something to do with the suspension as the car seems a little on the high side, or maybe something to do with the seats ?

watson
Not seen anything that's jumped out at me regarding the suspension or seats but there's something else.
Which maybe nothing at all but it was a reddish flag for me if not completely red!

Keep looking.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Still struggling to see what you have found for the bonus point, so will have another go.

To the right if the instruments it looks like a choke knob, yet being a Diesel it shouldn't have one?

RichardHall

Yes I spotted that as well and must admit it doesn't seem right.
It doesn't look like a factory fit, not even for one of those builds, looks like an add on to me but for what?
Seems to have the number 9 printed on the knob but it's hard to tell.

Well I'm still looking for something else but 1 bonus point for Richard as well please Fathammer !  :thumbs:

I think we can call January the Big Bonus Points Giveaway Month!
I'll be giving points away for the rest of the Month for a range of different reasons.  :lol:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Diesels do have a form of choke, a lever that advances the fuel pump timing by 5 degrees to help with cold starting.  That one however is not in the right place or right type for an original one unless they're different for rabbits.

Seems odd that a vdo gauge has "les diesel fuel only"  maybe for the canadian market?

Banner

Back to the top
Are you concerned that there is no gear stick gaitor or surround and that the carpet isn't fitted properly?

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.