Skip navigation

my Mk1 20v 1.8t k04 hybrid dyno results 16/08/2015

Back to the top

Mk1 20vt Megasquirt attempt (and it runs woop woop )

big day tomorrow drive the car for the fist time in 3yrs  :thumbs:. going to be bedding in the piston rings so some  big hill and some load then mot sataday at berts. wish me luck  :lol:

Back to the top
Best of luck mate. She will be fine.

Got my eye on one of those AEM gauges too but the failsafe one that is a boost gauge too is the one for me in the not too distant future :)

Back to the top
Thanks if U don't hear from me that means it blew up and im in pub drowing my sorrows all weekend.  :thumbs:
I was looking at that failsafe same price as my but I like a separate boost gauge and also seems more for tuner to set up so I brought that

Back to the top
Come on then Pete the suspense is killing me, did she pass or are you down the pub drowning your sorrows??  :)

Back to the top
 mot on sataday i supposed to take it out today to bed piston rings in didnt get out of work till late. got day of trm so i be taking it out 9am will update  :thumbs:

Back to the top
OK mate good luck,

Back to the top
Woooooooooommmmm

Back to the top
I'm guessing you've been out in it today mate??

Back to the top
yes m8 been out in it today but had my problems. first the starter motor conked out. so 100 quid gsf brand new unit. then as i went down the road it started to missfire. i had a colder spark plug in for high boost but as its a base map there was no boost yet  :lol:. so bk to gsf for some bosch platinum plugs miss fire solved . i think my wheel bearing is on the way out but the car drives nice and sounds like a jet. toytec(eddie) whom built my ecu put a safe map on ecu so i cant hit over 3.5k as fuel and spark cuts out. lucky i got the aem wideband as when started it showed 10.1 running way rich so laptop out and sorted . dropping it of at berts trm for new fuel pump fitting and m0t and sort that rattle out but all good  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Back to the top
Good work mate. Looking forward to working on mine this Sunday now.  :)

Back to the top
im sick of working on my now  :lol:  :lol: i need a free weekend but keep going bk

Back to the top
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  You'll be grateful when it's running right and flying along.

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

i'm not lol

Back to the top

JonP said

smudger1980 said

i'm not lol

:lol:  :lol: Liar

Back to the top
car with bert now so hope all good

Back to the top
Good work Pete, hope it comes back soon :)

Back to the top
Hi, great thread, cars looking awsome. I'm doing the same conversion but with an ARY.
I wonder if you could answer a few questions for me?
Does the brake servo and master cylinder have to moved over to the right? It's just that I'm looking into my engine bay and thinking its going to be very tight.
Where did you get your drive shafts from and how thick is the actual shaft?
Also I've got the original cast manifold as I have the k03 turbo and I can't find a 4 branch to fit the k03, does anyone know if the standard down pipe with cast manifold will fit in the engine bay? It seems to me that the angle of the flange on the manifold/turbo at which the down pipe bolts to seems to heading through the bulkhead.

Thanks for any help, Dave

Back to the top
car being mapped tomorrow by Toyotec (eddie) hope it all goes smooth. had a knocking noise on the passagner side sounded like a bearing when i removed the hub the flange just fell off and had some marks on it

thanks to bert for pressing my new bearing in :thumbup:

fitted new bearing on rear drums new shoes and new springs

then thursday i went to fit the new bosch 550cc injectors into my fuel rail and they were shorter than the standard ones

so a drive  up to badger 5 and bill sorted me some unspacers

left it parked outside fro the big day

Back to the top
Looks good Pete, I went for the Genesis green injectors, slotted straight in no hassle.

Get it driven once its mapped.

Back to the top

WK60Dave said

Hi, great thread, cars looking awsome. I'm doing the same conversion but with an ARY.
I wonder if you could answer a few questions for me?
Does the brake servo and master cylinder have to moved over to the right? It's just that I'm looking into my engine bay and thinking its going to be very tight.
Where did you get your drive shafts from and how thick is the actual shaft?
Also I've got the original cast manifold as I have the k03 turbo and I can't find a 4 branch to fit the k03, does anyone know if the standard down pipe with cast manifold will fit in the engine bay? It seems to me that the angle of the flange on the manifold/turbo at which the down pipe bolts to seems to heading through the bulkhead.

Thanks for any help, Dave

isnt your brake servo on the right? left hand drive?

drive shaft are 100m caddy shafts.
the original cast manifold flows very well. no need for a 4 branch manifold.

the downpipe i had first was a qpeng downpipe its got a sharpe angle on it. it fitted but was close to the steering gaitor

http://www.qpeng.com/component/option,com_virtuemart/page,shop.product_details/flypage,shop.flypage/product_id,19/Itemid,75/

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.