Skip navigation

The original one & only Gulf Golf 18 years of ownership

Back to the top

The Gulf Golf April 29 years old and nearly finished!!!

I have a new rare and very retro bit arrive yesterday a AutoCavan Super Brake Bar!!! here,s some pics of one installed

http://www.clubgti.com…um/showthread.php?t=92755

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
I,m a Autocavan junkie just bought this ,

This auction is for the ultimate Mk1 Golf rear engine mount, the Autocavan World Cup mount.

Fits all mk1 chassis cars including golf, jetta, caddy and scirocco fitted with the 1500, 1600 and 1800cc engine type (020 gearbox)

Unlike the factory unit, or poly alternatives, this mount is unbreakable and simply doesn't wear out. It does have a rubber bush so its not as harsh as poly.

Improves gear selection as it eliminates gearbox movement, no more crunching 2nd gear on hard launches.

This is the last from a batch I bought when they went out of production.. once they're gone they're gone.. act now and buy a piece of VW performance history..

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
Todays little job was paint this!!

Back to the top
Smart car.
I recently got my hands on this 1.8. Will be at snetterton on the 22may if anyone is around?
Manifold is leaking and the brakes dont feel too good.
So i have some work to do first.

Any plans for racing?
Sam

Back to the top
Nah only track day fun and summer fun

Back to the top
Mot booked for 13.30pm tomorrow  :?

Back to the top
Woo hoo passed no advisorys!!! :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

collo16v said

Woo hoo passed no advisorys!!! :lol:  :lol:

Well Done.

Back to the top
Well I'm not going to lie today has been hell!! all the 5 mins jobs have taken nigh on 8hrs!!!!!   

but it all done bar ally top mounts just ran out of time and energy Autocavan brake bar installed and working after,welding,cutting ,rethreading etc etc

Solid rack mounts fitted (massive pain in the arse job) and now I cannot get first gear need to adjust linkages

Autocavan rear mount at last a easy job

and finally fitted passenger slider window

also replaced battery,fitted new Malpassi fuel regulator and 4-point lower brace,thats it I,m knackered and off to bed

Back to the top
Still going  :lol: noisy,uncomfortable but did go to Le Mans again!!

Back to the top
Now with new wheels Compomotive TH2 7x16 and Yokohama Parada 205/45 x 16 tyres to replace the Fuch 5 spokes and on another note I am in the Herne Bay Classic car and bike show this weekend (29/08/2009)

Back to the top
I think I have used every product in the Autoglym range today oh and fitted these.

Back to the top
looks awesome martin

i'd love a set of th2s for the rallye

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
HI

love the car…great colours!!

I was wondering whether you could give me some advice. Im currently working on a 16v conversion on my golf C. The car had a 1.6 in when i bought it and a rear engine mount off the gearbox. I was just wondering whether you used that mount on yours?

Also did BD engineering set the carbs up for you?? Thats the only thing that really worrying me! :banghead:

any help is good

thanks

Back to the top

youngvwnut said

HI

love the car…great colours!!

I was wondering whether you could give me some advice. Im currently working on a 16v conversion on my golf C. The car had a 1.6 in when i bought it and a rear engine mount off the gearbox. I was just wondering whether you used that mount on yours?

Also did BD engineering set the carbs up for you?? Thats the only thing that really worrying me! :banghead:

any help is good

thanks

Yeah until last year I used the standard gearbox mount with a Poly Bush upgrade ,then earlier this year I replaced it with a Autocavan World Cup mount.

BD engineering can't come recommended enough by me, it was the cheapest horsepower ever,one hour RR session,new emulsifiers, new main jets ?110 and over 30BHP!!!

Back to the top
Just had my worse fears confirmed rear beam is bent!! so another little job to put on the list this winter :roll:

Back to the top
Can't help myself saw this and had to have it ,probably paid more than I should but hey ho its only money,introducing the Autocavan World Cup Front engine mount

Will go well with the Autocavan rear engine mount and Superbrake bar!!

Back to the top
Was that on ebay? saw it, was tempted, but figured its something i could make if required.

Back to the top

abfmk1 said

Was that on ebay? saw it, was tempted, but figured its something i could make if required.

Yeah thats the one!! was quite pricey but its mine now :lol:

Back to the top
Well spent an hour or so tinkering with the car and did this!!!

Also trial fitted rear beam brace to my new rear beam

There are too many online users to list.