Skip navigation

The original one & only Gulf Golf 18 years of ownership

Back to the top

The Gulf Golf April 29 years old and nearly finished!!!

Lawsy said

collo16v said

Lawsy said

Love it Martin, have you decided on a colour change yet, I love it as is tho…

Nope gonna leave it as is ,I have something else that I can Martini up,not Mk1 but stilll a member of the VAG

the audi??

I'm pleased your leaving it mate, overspray n all  :wink:  :wink: Its awesome and inspired me to do something different. I'll be nominating you as car as the month for october/november
8O

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
*****UPDATED**** :D

Speeding is like masturbation, everyone does it ,but it's not something you should record and put on the internet!! 

Back to the top
:roll:

Back to the top
There's only two days in the weekend mate :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

There's only two days in the weekend mate :lol:

i was gonna say, what you doingsunday then… LMAO

Hope I'll get to see this next year martin

Back to the top

Back to the top
:roll:

Back to the top
Mate that car is HOT!!!!

Just one question……..

How the hell do you see out of those mirrors????? :lol:

Back to the top
Love this car  :)

Back to the top
Good luck to all the new committee members see you around if your ever in Kent :wink:

Back to the top
you didnt find the dummy then :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Back to the top
looking good martin, are you doing anything about the extra wind resistance thatll eb caused on the rear panel by removing the spare wheel well?

still one of my fave mk1s ever =]

Back to the top
As I know a few of you are keen on this a little update……………………

Well summer is coming so I thought I would go to the garage and find the car that I put in there last September

Connected the battery up ,primed the pumps,cranked it over a few times to get the oil flowing around flick the ignition and pow!! fired first time(Good old Vw engineering)

Took the time to fit my perspex sliders whilst there!!

and renew the red oxide on my lower ball joint extenders anyone notice anything unusual????

Still got to fit alloy top mounts,4 point lower brace,Solid alloy rack mounts and Autocavan Brake Bar,but we are getting there,Castle Combe 25th April look out!!!

Back to the top
hmm surprised the eagle-eyed ones amongst you did not notice flipped track rod ends????

Back to the top
i did but it didnt impress so didnt mention :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i did but it didnt impress so didnt mention :mrgreen:

Arse!!! :lol:

Back to the top
One of my favourite golfs.  Good to see it out again.

Back to the top
whats the purpose of flipping the track rod ends?

is it to do with lowering the suspension?

Back to the top

jools182 said

whats the purpose of flipping the track rod ends?

is it to do with lowering the suspension?

Yes exactly that,in the picture you can see that track rod,drivesahft and wishbone are nearly parallel to one another, if the track rod had not been flipped it would have sat at a crazy angle giving horrible bump steer and putting unnecessary stain on the ball joint end

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.