Skip navigation

THE Citi Golf thread. Pics, Q and A's and anything else.

Back to the top

THE Citi Golf thread. Pics, Q&As and anything else.

nice to see this thread here….

this is my pic contribution to the thread :D

Back to the top
Looks familiar :lol:

Pete :wink:

Back to the top
Hey Pete your citi is looking great! I c u becoming a regular on the SA VW site as well ;-) do you have a project thread on this forum - i'd like 2 check it out…

Back to the top
Project, when do we ever stop with these cars :lol: , look at my pass post fella you see whats gone since i bought her
Yes you'll see me alot on SA forum, i like to keep in touch with other citi owners.
That MUGGU thread had me in fits of laughter, is it still going?
Best wishes

Back to the top

Peddersgolf said

Project, when do we ever stop with these cars :lol: , look at my pass post fella you see whats gone since i bought her
Yes you'll see me alot on SA forum, i like to keep in touch with other citi owners.
That MUGGU thread had me in fits of laughter, is it still going?
Best wishes
yeah saw the previous posts - that's what made me curious to see more ;-)  keep the citi flag flying high for us in the UK! :-)

Back to the top
Welcome to this thread vw4life1.

Are those 4 stud solitude alloys in your avatar pic? I thought they only came on Corrados and MK3 Colour Concepts (and MK3 VR6s?) but those are obviously 5 stud.

Do explain.

Dheraj

Current MK1 rebuild elapsed time - 15 years and counting…
Is it normal to clean and paint bits of your car that will never be seen?
Not-so-new addition - 1996 MK1 Citi Golf (off the road for 4 years… and counting)

Back to the top
They are defo 4 stud, good thing about the mk1 still being made in sa, so they are designing cr wheels etc to keep with original mk1, they are nice thou, wonder how much they cost to get them over here

Back to the top
Hi Guys - yeah they 4 stud alloys (BBS) from the mk3 Golf Gti/Jetta Cli and I love them. Lightweight and easy to clean  :lol:

I'm actually after a set of 16inch BBS off the mk4 cabrio - also 4 stud but 2 piece - pure class!! 8)

Back to the top
i have a set of them in my garden there the same as the mk3 anniversay ones i think they are called Rx2

g40'd ratter

<div><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://w139.photobucket.com/pbwidget.swf?pbwurl=http://w139.photobucket.com/albums/q312/Forgeman/75e604af.pbw" height="120"

Back to the top

forgeman said

i have a set of them in my garden there the same as the mk3 anniversay ones i think they are called Rx2
yeah those r the ones! If i get a set, i'll make the centers black or charcoal and they'll b used 4 special occasions only 'cos this is my daily ride! ;-D unfortunately we don't have 2 many bbs options available to us here :-C

Back to the top
Hello,

Just spotted this thread - not been on here much recently  :oops: I have a dark green metallic '94 L reg 1.8 Citi Sport (Carb) which I bought back in March this year with 141k on the clock.
   Love the car to bits, but took it for an MOT today and apart from the welding that needs doing underneath  :roll: , I was also told I needed side repeaters on the wings as well?
   Strangely, repeater bulbs and wires are lurking behind the wings, but they're not fiited properly and the wings do not have holes drilled for them  :dontknow: How do other Citi owners get on come MOT time? Mine's been in the UK since '98, so I'm assuming its gone through a proper MOT at some point :lol:

Jon

Back to the top
Hi jon, why has it got small bumpers on?, love the colour, WELDING on a citi 8O
Sent you pm as regards repeaters, car is a mk1 golf, you don't need side repeaters regardless what year yours is bud, it is based on a mk1 golf tintop.
Law states vechiles after 1986 have to have side repeaters, even thou yours is a 94, tintop stopped production in germany 1984 i believe thats right, correct me if wrong.
When do you ever see a mk1 golf tintop and even earlier cabbys with side repeaters, you dont bud, unless someone has modded wings
Pete

Back to the top
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your help. I like the colour as well, it's very close to Dragon green as normally found on mk3 Golfs and mk4 Polo's. As far as I know, the bumpers are standard Citi, it might be the dark colour and high angle the photo was taken that makes them look smaller? Yeah, welding needed on the backs of the inner wings/ nd n/s sill unfortunately  :(
   Regards the side repeaters - I can see the MOT tester's point of view as its a post '86 car, even if the design is older and it wasn't built for the UK market, but I see your point as well. The MOT tester hadn't come across it before for sure.  :lol:
   See you soon bud,

Jon

Back to the top

My 2001 Citi for sale

Just spotted this thread.  Having to say goodbye to my citi

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…SELX:IT&item=250300810731

2001 Mk1 Citi 1.6i GTi

Back to the top

citi problem

Hello all, I've an issue with my citi and its factory-fitted alarm. When I lock the driver?s door, (using either the radio wave button on the key, or manually turning the key in the driver?s door) all the doors lock and the alarm is turned on. This is the expected behaviour, but after a period of about 10 seconds the driver?s door unlocks itself and remains open! All the other doors remain locked and the alarm remains armed, but the drivers door is now unlocked when it should be locked.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Paddy

Back to the top
Paddy sound s;like mec on drivers door solenoid is goosed fella, a simple replacement should sort it.
Oh and that Y reg citi, sold for nearly 3k and now re-listed on ebay :dontknow:

Back to the top
Hi, My citi reached ?2950 the first time, reserve not met, then I relisted for ?3000 with no reserve, it received no bids, now it is back on again.

I aint no scammer !!

2001 Mk1 Citi 1.6i GTi

Back to the top
Who said your a scammer, chillout, but if it went for ?2950 1st time and again you listed it for ?3k, is it worth the hassle over 50 notes.
I was keeping an eye on it as i own a citi, also others here do and was interested in the car and if a member here would have bought it, hopefully seing it in the flesh as it is a nice citi, only downside is that polo steering wheel.
Good luck on sale, hopefully someone here will get it

Back to the top
Sorry, the way you ssid it "sold" for just under ?3000 I assumed you meant there were fake bids, not that the reserve was not met, the reserve was ?3500 at the time, as I think its worth every penny of that, but I decided I just need the space

I offered it to the highest bidder but it was a week after the end of the auction and they were no longer interested

2001 Mk1 Citi 1.6i GTi

Back to the top
Tough on highest bidder then, they don't know what they have missed out on, if i had the money 'irrelevant to you i know' i'd snap it off you
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.