Skip navigation

Settle an arguement

Back to the top

Settle an arguement

We had a sweep at work, i didn't win though  :lol:  it was ?60 for a tune and rolling road, the guy was very good, he was an older generation mechanic so was very familiar with mechanical fuel injection, the car runs really smooth now  :wink:

If you look at the print out it has the full address and contact details of who did it for me

1989 VW GOLF GTI CABRIO

1997 VW POLO 1.0L

2003 VW PASSAT TDI 130 SPORT

Back to the top

paul_c said

funk-star said

LOL 87.5 BHP

My rotten black tintop was putting out 109 at the wheels and that had done 250K

do you have the printout?

Only just remembered i posted in this.

Yes have a print out somewhere in the loft, also a little plaque under the bonnet stating the BHP.

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
87bhp sounds about right to me.

Some of the power estimates in this thread were wild for ATW power!  What you have to remember is that with a 020 gearbox your transmission loss is usually around the 35bhp mark.  That's if all the bearings are fine, your brakes aren't dragging, your tyres are properly inflates and your clutch is all good.

My ex-BRM/TSR Campaign with *unknown* engine (but has alloy sump so it must be a bit special), a very recent head job, *unknown* but definately uprated camshaft, tubular manifolding, etc, etc, etc, (I suspect it was a BRM 142 at some point) made 98bhp at the wheels but remember that equates to around 133bhp ATF which really is 16v territory.

My mates Mk1 wiht a 2.0 bottom end, the biggest valves he could find, a 308 degree (I KNOW!!) cam, gas flowed and port matched everything only make 135bhp at the wheels, but again, you have to remember that's 170bhp at the flywheel.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.