Skip navigation

Performance Figures?

Back to the top

Performance Figures?

i reckon we need to get the cars on a weigh bridge to see how much they weigh then see whos running light  :wink:

theres no way at vw action you were road legal iirc there was a missing headlight at some point :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
Dont need headlights in daylight hours....

Back to the top
In any case, earlier in the year I set a 14.2 time with unashamed luxuries such as BOTH mirrors!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Dont need headlights in daylight hours….
:mrgreen:

or wing mirrors carpet seats ect i know even leaving half a splitter on the strip is cheating :lol:

Back to the top
Where in the rules does it say that 100% of the parts attached to the car at the start line, have to cross the finish line, for the time to count?

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol:

thats just not in the rules ill take my fully equipped road leagl car down the strip with interior you do the same then we will see

i reckon im a few pounds heavier than you what are the weights of the cars standard?

Back to the top
Maybe it would make a difference….. we'd have to wait and see. I am making a couple of tweaks which should (fingers crossed) see me into the high 13s later this year. Unlikely at next meet, GTI Inters, though, due to the track conditions. So maybe at Retro show I'll have done this. What tweaks are on your car this year, compared to last year's setup? You're definitely heavier, due to the cabby bodyshell.

Back to the top
major boost improvement raised it to its limit now of 16 psi and sorted out all the little niggly bits that needed doing just need to fit my new injectors and 4bar fpr

Back to the top
Are you now running the MS off the AFR table, and if so, I wouldn't mind a peek at this… I've seen the documentation and I've seen the default table (TPS and RPM).

Back to the top
im not only because my wideband is being a pain in the back side if i can get it working then ill get a afr map sorted

once the car is mapped you dont really need to use that function i guess its down to user preference its a pretty crude way of running the car with the afr map still not sure id want to use it but then its what your used to i guess

Back to the top
Hmmmm, I think its critical on a decent wideband lambda setup. I've heard stories of cars 'hunting' using fuel compensation by narrowband lambda, because all it can do is say "too lean" or "too rich" and it cycles between these 2 conditions, rather than keeping at an optimal setting. So basically, its overcontrolling. So it would come down to the values you use to damp the control down = I believe there's a couple of controls to tweak in here….

Back to the top
i used it for my mot and it does make the car hunt even with a wideband because its a target afr and not actual

i think it can be made to work very well but could take some time to figure it out ill have to have another look this week see if i can figure it out :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.