Skip navigation

Yellow and White plugs from engine bay to Fuse Box (1600)

Back to the top

Yellow and White plugs from engine bay to Fuse Box (1600)

And here lies the problem.  It's not the same.

Back to the top
So it's just that one wire to find a home for !

I don't have a small engine reference guide so am unable to tell you where the oil pressure wire should go ?

Is there any spare sender that looks like it should have a wire to it ? I am sure some one can help ?

Cheers ……………..

Back to the top
Well I plugged a couple of things in last night and there aren't too many loose connections now.  I was wondering about the 2 connections (see bottom right of pic below) on the pipe.  Where do these 2 go to/come from?
One connector has about 18" of wire coming from it and has a female spade connector on the end.  The wiring shouldn't be this hard should it?
Baz

Back to the top
thats the choke control sensor the wire goes the auto choke on the carb

Back to the top
Well I managed to get the wiring loom routed where it was supposed to be behind the brake cylinder and got a few things plugged in so I made some progress.
I still have lots of questions so please bear with me.  I appreciate all the patience.
My first question is about the choke.  The connectors 9 and 10 on my crap diagram.  One wire can reach the solenoid no problem but the choke is on the other side as I have a Solex 34 pict 5 as shown in the photos.  I also found a piece of wiring in the car with 1 connector going into 2 and was thinking that it might be something to do with the choke control sensor.

So here's what I need to suss out.
1.  The auto choke sensor has 2 conections.  One is an individual wire that goes to the connection on the choke on the carb….yes?
2. The other spade connector on the auto choke sensor - does this get conection 10 from my diagram?

And a bit off topic.
I have 2 pipes on the mechanical fuel pump.  One on the side (bottom part) and one on the front (top part).
I have 2 pipes from my fuel tank.  One with a filter and one without.
I also have a Y connector with 3 pipes coming from it and one pipe connected to the carb - where do the other 2 pipes from this Y connector go? What pipe on the fuel pump (top or bottom) does one of them go to and is it the fuel filter or the straight pipe on the other one?
Cheers
Baz

P.S. sorry for all the dummy questions.

Back to the top
2. The other spade connector on the auto choke sensor - does this get conection 10 from my diagram?

Yes i would think it does .

Might be better to start a new thread under the smaller engined section to get some help with the fuel issue .

Good luck .

Back to the top
ok erm fuel pipes
fuel from the tank (the one with the filter) goes to the front straight pipe on the fuel pump. the other one from the pump goes to a charcoal filter/accumulator which sits just above the pump. there are 2 connections on this the centre one goes to the carb the other is for the return line to the tank. no idea about the y peice that sounds more like a mod then original i'll have a look tonight and let you know for sure.

Back to the top
I knew there was something missing.  Looks like I'll need to get myself a charcoal filter.  Thanks for the help.
Not too many more things to suss.  I should document a lot of this as I found if very difficult to find any info on it.  I've just got a strange engine.
Cheers
Baz

Back to the top
you'll need to sort your advance retard vacuum line out as well before you start it.

Back to the top
Yup - I have a mate who works for GSF and he's coming out to help me sort the vac lines as there are absolutely none in it at all at the minute.  That could be fun.
I'll get him to bring out a charcoal filter (among other things) when he's coming.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.