Skip navigation

Help! taste query?!

Back to the top

Help! taste query?!

i find being able to see the bonnet helps with parking, better spacial awareness, ive just taken my house mates VW Fox to the dealership for a tyre change (yeah i told him it was the expensive way but he wouldnt listen) and you cant see the bonnet at all, its really un nerving.

bite the bullet just make sure you get a goodun or one that you will be happy working on i say.

Back to the top
Ive been around mk1 golfs for a while, along with mk2's mk3's and mk4's, beetles polos and my dad owns a mk1 cabby, and ive not long sold my vw caddy  :wink:

Il tell you where im going with this now… I use a mk3 golf everyday, as a 'daily driver' and a few months ago, i drove my dads mk1 golf…  :wink:
Ive now gone and got myself one to restore because i liked driving it so much  :P

If youre worried about the screen being rather verticle… dont be, its nice if anything, and the bonnet is really good for seeing where you are going!

N17K CP

Back to the top

Re: Help! taste query?!

Tian said

wooders said

Adrian78 said

PS - The reason I ask is that I've found a car I really fancy on paper but it's three hours from me so don't want to go and see it if mk1s aren't suitable for me..cold feet I guess

not suitable

I drove 5 1/2 hours mate. Get on your bike, it'll be worth it.

Tian  :roll:

when i got my cabby gti i travelled down to bournemouth from halifax,about 6hours and the campaign same again to hertfordshire.great fun driving back though :D  :D

CAMPAIGN-HELIOS BLUE-POSSIBLY SEEN IT ON CHRIS BARRIES(RIMMER IN RED DWARF) MASSIVE SPEED PROGRAMME?!!!

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top

SEAN1151 said

Tian said

wooders said

Adrian78 said

PS - The reason I ask is that I've found a car I really fancy on paper but it's three hours from me so don't want to go and see it if mk1s aren't suitable for me..cold feet I guess

not suitable

when i got my cabby gti i travelled down to bournemouth from halifax,about 6hours and the campaign same again to hertfordshire.great fun driving back though :D  :D
When i bought mine off ebay i travelled 200 miles to buy a car id only seen in a pic then drove it all the way back home
don't be such a pussy go and get one no other make of cars ie VW have this kind of following there are more VW shows in the year than any other make of car put together we all cant be wrong if parking is your worry and seeing out the windows buy a push bike :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
he he he!! thanks for all the support guys :D

I will keep you all posted, many thanks again for the advice :D

Back to the top

Adrian78 said

what struck me about the Golf was how long the bonnet looked from inside and also how steep and small the front wind screen looks… ? This really put me off,

Huh??  8O

seriously though when i first drove a vw the squareness (?) did take about 1.5 days to get used too  :twisted:

Back to the top

DJ said

Adrian78 said

what struck me about the Golf was how long the bonnet looked from inside and also how steep and small the front wind screen looks… ? This really put me off,

Huh??  8O

seriously though when i first drove a vw the squareness (?) did take about 1.5 days to get used too  :twisted:

This is the car for you then mate.

Tian

Back to the top

Tian said

This is the car for you then mate.

Tian

For me ??
Once upon a time there was two variants of choice!

Back to the top
pmsl! Not even if it had a yb in it.... :lol:

Back to the top

Tian said

wooders said

Adrian78 said

not suitable

8 hour round trip  :banghead:, but god my first car was worth it  :dance:

1983 Golf 1.3 Driver:  
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.