Skip navigation

Immaculate Standard Black Series One GTI

Back to the top

Immaculate Standard Black Series One GTI

Right, well here's something I didn't want to be writing…

For sale is my Series One Black GTI (as the title would suggest, obviously!). It is a 1980 1600 with a 5-speed gearbox. After many arguments between my heart and my head! I need to get a daily driver for work and am not in the situation at the moment to be able to afford keeping two cars.  :cry:

Many of you will know the car as mr_gti's old car, and what a great car it is! It is completely standard with original VAG parts and everything is in great condition. Since I bought the car I have had the a-pillars and scuttle panels re-done professionally, which now look as good as new, a new back box and a couple of new rear wheel bearings.

The car has done 140k, but despite this feels like new and still runs amazingly well on the original engine and gearbox, putting a lot of newer cars to shame. I have had a flawless period of ownership with not even a hint of anything untoward.

The interior is immaculate also and it is so rare to find an example of the original cloth is such great condition. The MOT runs until December, and I believe the tax runs until the end of November (will clarify this next time I go to the garage.

It has been on show at the Ultimate Dubs show this year on the retro stand and was also on the Owners Club stand at the All Types show this year. It also has many of its features pictured in the "VW Golf - Five Generations Of Fun" book.

As provided by mr_gti there is a photo album filled with the detailed photo restoration and this is included.

As I said, many of you know this car already from various gatherings, but if you do not know it or just require any further information (as it's more than likely that I've missed bits), please feel free to contact me and I will do the best that I can.

I am open to sensible offers around the ?3750 mark and I'm based in Cheltenham (pretty central to the country and can also meet half-way in certain circumstances).

Please give her the home she deserves, one that I wish I could afford to. (I know I'll be getting another one as soon as I'm in the situation to afford a second car!)

Please contact me either on this post, via a PM or on 07900 577080

1980 Black GTI - now sold
2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
This looks absolutley stunning if i had the cash you'd have a buyer bugger

How about 4 cats my missus and my g60 :lol:
Seriously tho it's a beaut

91 CORRADO G60

(65mmpulley,K&N induction,check valve,bbm fuel rail redtops bbm stage 3 chip scorpian exhaust 200+bhp)

63 KARMANN GHIA(standard 30hp beast!)

Back to the top
Thanks for the comments…unfortunately I already have a cat and a mrs and I don't think either would be happy if I replaced them for my car!!  :lol:

She is indeed a beauty and hopefully she'll get a good home and be appreciated and loved!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
Despite a fair bit of interest the car is still for sale.  :(

This a great car and someone will enjoy it for many years to come.

I am open to (sensible) offers, so keep them coming!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER
My budget is only 2.000 pound I'd of happly bought that from you now and i'd of traveled for it as well :cry:

1983 GTI-Black

MY very first one AND LOVING IT!!!!!

Back to the top
According to the price guide on the website the going rate for this car is ?3750. I have now dropped the price of the car to ?3750 in accordance with this so please keep your interest coming!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top

Hux said

According to the price guide on the website the going rate for this car is ?3750. I have now dropped the price of the car to ?3750 in accordance with this so please keep your interest coming!

worth every penny of that. a very desirable mk1 golf. hold out, there will no doubt be a buyer soon.

Back to the top
Thanks for those words. It is definately worth every penny and I will hold out for the right price.  :D

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
wish you were closer to northern ireland I would have had it straight away :(

Back to the top
Hux did you ever sell this beauty?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

Hux did you ever sell this beauty?

Still for sale and looks like it will be coming to Edition38 with me and be up for sale there where hopefully she'll get the attention (and price) she deserves!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
I'm surprised you still have this!

I'm the guy who found it for Danny (mr gti). It was in a state, but unmolested and original. Danny spent a lot of time and effort getting it back on the road in really good condition. I last drove it in August 2006 and I can confirm that it drives very well indeed.

I still regret not keeping it for myself, but it probably still wouldn't be on the road if I had!

Have a free bump  :lol:

Back to the top
Hux, i can't believe your selling her :o Seen her in the flesh so to speak at SWM and she's an absolute beauty.  You must be nuts to sell her..don't do it 8O

You must have spent a fair wack getting the bits n bobs sprayed up to make her perfect.  This is worth every penny of your asking price.  It may take a time to sell, but someone wil be a lucky chap/chapess :wink:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Cheers guys for your kind words. Kriss, believe me if I could afford to keep her as a second car then I would, but I think I'm a couple of years away from that. I will be communting 300miles a week as of the beginning of September and don't want to run her into the ground with high miles.  :(

I have another guy having a good look at her tomorrow afternoon who's coming up from Portsmouth who sounds like an enthusiast, so fingers crossed she'll go to a good home.

If there are any developments with the sale, you guys will be the first to know, and you'll also be the first to know when I purchase a "new" mk1 when I have the funds!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
Hux, that's exactly why i got rid of my helios campaign.  I was doing 300+ miles on a commute per week, and it was killing me putting the mk1 through that.  I've now got a souless 106 diesel for work and have a 'new' campaign which i'm going to use march-september.

You will get another one for sure, and feel free to attend any SWMeets in the future :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Bet you can get a good campaign in the winter months for 1500 anyway :wink:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Cheers Kriss, I'll start saving the pennies and see you at a SW meet in the not too distant future hopefully!

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
Just saw this puppy on pistonheads. I could buy this. Chuck the rubbish mk1 outside (series 2 lhasa  :oops: ), put this beauty in a bubble and snuggle up to her at night.

I'm going to start saving up. I wish this was available 18 months ago. It would have saved me alot of time and money.  :banghead:

Back to the top
Well unfortunately the car is still for sale after being offered a figure a long way below it's true value.  :(

Looks like she'll be coming to Edition38 with me and up for sale there. Should anyone be interested and is going to E38, give me a shout and we'll sort something out.

Does anyone know if there's a "For Sale" section at the show like they have at others?  :dontknow:

2002 Black GT TDI 130

Back to the top
Stick to your price.  You will get a lot of 'tyre kickers' turning up and offering you a couple of grand.  An enthusiast will buy her in due course i'm sure :D

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.