Skip navigation

after 4 yrs wait the resto begins chassis legs 1st

Back to the top

after 4 yrs wait the resto begins chassis legs 1st

Hi Dub,
Very interesting reading this thread. I just wondered if you used Hadrian repair sections and if you did so, how good are they? Are the Hadrian repair sections designed to go over the existing chassis box sections (over sized) or are they an exact copy? I need to get my act together this year and get stuck in.

cheers

Back to the top
anyone got the answer to the questions in the previous post?

Back to the top
I think they fit over. Fit varies as the are pattern parts.

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
well its almost a year since i last post and kids are taking up 70% of my time, that and cash bursting ownership of a sierra cosworth, anyway, i can not get anyone to paint my car due its its current stance and everyone that is good is busy, so im doing it masel, never painted a car before but i have done doors wings etc so bugger it im doing it, i was once told its all about the prep, so patience is a must, finally got wings to fit properlly and took a while to find genuine ones but im finally happy with the door gap and the top where it meets the scuttle, so flattened her all down and got the filler over the arch repairs and sill join spot it ready for filler primer 8)

wings fitting better 8)

area where sill was joined by joddling into rear quarter

first problem was nozzle was too small on gun for filler primer, used an old buggered gun which worked fine, also its recommended to wear an air fed mask which i dont have so the old 3m fly mask came out but im feeling a bit ill now :oops: , now im going to splatter some old aerosol as etch to rub down ready for top coat.

this car is booked into 2 shows so far 1 on the 21st of june so im really going for it 8)

Back to the top
see if you paint it yourself, get sum pics up and if its any good you can do mine :lol:

Back to the top
:lol:  :lol: i so love seeing your back garden stuart,think it's about time i came back for a scavange :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

g83 said

:lol:  :lol: i so love seeing your back garden stuart,think it's about time i came back for a scavange :lol:  :lol:

fire round anytime bud.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.