Skip navigation

after 4 yrs wait the resto begins chassis legs 1st

Back to the top

after 4 yrs wait the resto begins chassis legs 1st

sill all cut out ready for new panel, i have not been working on car as much as i wanted due to family commitments but i have finished sill and drivers arch now, pics to follow

Back to the top
Keep up he good work mate. Maybe see you next year at some of the Scottish meets.  Hopefully mine will be finished and on the road.

Those pics of the rear chassis legs just look the same as my first project which is still lying in the garage (much to the wifes disgust) and has volunteered itself as a donor car.

First Golf, lots of work. I've started so I'll finish!

Back to the top
Cracking work mate! Glad to see this as about to have time to start mine! Just need to buy my MIG welder and hope to start next weekend 8)

Look forward to your updates

Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

finished ready for paint

only the rear valance to do and then just the paint, hoped for car to be on road by now but alaso did not want to rush job either.

Back to the top
wots happened to the pics this time m8?

Back to the top
how do you mean?

Back to the top

dubhighland said

finished ready for paint

only the rear valance to do and then just the paint, hoped for car to be on road by now but alaso did not want to rush job either.

Your photo link obviously cant be found as I cant see the pictures that you have last posted

Back to the top
dunno what hapened to ma pics.

Back to the top
have you deleted them from the source where they are stored or uploaded from?

Back to the top
slowly but surely getting bits done but trying to fit in between work and kids time, i have decided i am going to paint the car myself, i bought a devilbiss gun and im going to hit it in a mates barn, i have done single panels and touch ups and noone seems to be able to paint it for me, they want shiny vectras or focuses as homers not old golfs????

light scim of loy over welded sill and arch

fitted hadrian wing x 3 and none are any good, this was the best 1

to be honest i am swithering towards a genuine wing  because it will annoy me when car is done and ill see horrendous gap between door and wing :(

i bought a new engine stand of the bay for ?30 so i will strip and rebuild engine over the cold nights, i plan to do all work on this car myself 8)

Back to the top
Nice work. Get a heater too for these cold nights and days coming!

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top

woZa said

Nice work. Get a heater too for these cold nights and days coming!

If his lamp is like the 500W halogen one I've just bought - he wont need to - I think I'm getting a sun tan off mine!!

Making good progress mate - if you get fed up of the wings, get decent 2nd hand VW ones and clean up :wink:

Cheers
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

if you get fed up of the wings, get decent 2nd hand VW ones and clean up :wink:

Cheers
Andy

I've recently fitted some pattern wings (from ecp I think - got them years ago for an old mk1 I used to have) and they fit like ****. Going to splash the cash on some genuine ones I think (or I might go for some fibreglass ones)

Megasquirted 1981 Silver 1600 GTI Daily Driver

Still Restoring...

Back to the top
drivers side wing is now obsolete from vw :x  2nd hand ones are usually good but none up here and most ebay ones are pattern 2nd hand ones, will speak to gpc and see if their wings are gen vw.

Back to the top
Nice pics on first page ! Hows work progressing on the car ?

Cheers

Back to the top
:oops: er well its not, it just sitting there waiting patiently, i have just finished a lhasa green full engine rebuild so kas was pushed aside, i purchased jamex coilovers and got a gen vw wing for it and thats about it just now, i will start again in about a month so its ready for summer. 8)

Back to the top
a wee update, not been near the car for a while :oops: , fitted the coilovers and fitted the panels .

purchased new accumilator hoses last year and got loads of parts shot blasted , this is the rear engine mount blasted and painted with polybush fitted

hopefully its going 1 mile away for paint this week, im waiting word back from the dude thats painting it 8)

Back to the top
glad to see the Mk1's out the garage  :y:

Lookin good, what colour are you going for?

Did you end up using that XR2 tailgate?

I haven't had time to clean the drivers seat I got from you yet, its still sitting in the garage :oops:  - hope to get round to it soon tho  :D

Back to the top

Eck said

glad to see the Mk1's out the garage  :y:

Lookin good, what colour are you going for?

Did you end up using that XR2 tailgate?

I haven't had time to clean the drivers seat I got from you yet, its still sitting in the garage :oops:  - hope to get round to it soon tho  :D

its staying white, the tailgate is for the caspian blue xr2 i am using the white xr2 just now, and its going up for sale when this golf is ready

Back to the top
looks good so far!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.