Skip navigation

Cambridge Meet, Saturday May 5th

Date for meet

Saturday 5th May {-} [6 votes]
Sunday 6th May {-} [4 votes]
Both are good for me {-} [1 vote]
Neither are good for me {-} [3 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

Cambridge Meet, Saturday May 5th

HI again, Rachel…

Just saw your message yesterday with the Q's…

I've got an L-reg Rivage Cab, It's blue/Quartet colour.  i've started parking at the office at Signet Court as I was paranoid about it getting dinged - I live at the traffic light end of Stanley rd (round the corner from the munchbox!) so lots of trucks etc turning in…

If you wanted to have a nose one lunchtime feel free…

Cheers

L-reg Rivage daily driver

Back to the top

Re: Thanks Ew

Douglas said

im a little worried as my engine started up with a (loudish) tappet sound yesterday after being left for a few days, its only done 60,000 miles and stopped all most straight away, so im not sure whether it's just a lazy oil pump or something more serious. Nonetheless I have heard stories about failing oil pumps and subsequent engine seizure so would be grateful for any experts advice out there. cheers  :D

All that probably is, in the couple of days that it was standing all the oil has drained from the head leaving it pretty much dry.  The fact that it stopped almost instantly would show that your oil pump got oil to the head v quickly.  If it were to do it whilst the engine has been running for a bit then would be the time to worry.  But if you're in any doubt, do get it checked over.

There's a chap who posts on here, username mvdevelopments, has a company by the same name over in Shepreth, not used him personally, but heard good things from those who have.
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=17404&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

HTH

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks EW!

Yeah i spoke to mike from MV today, he certainly knows his stuff!  Im running it over there this Friday before the meet on Sat.  See you then.

Cheers

L-reg Rivage daily driver

Back to the top
Will hopefully be there its weird i am more inclined to come to the meet than go out and drink all day and night must be hooked to golf meets and shows, more healthy as well  :lol:  i think  :wink:

Back to the top
Good thinking AC,  Go out drinking in the evening, that way you will only feel half as bad on Sunday :lol:

Banner

Back to the top
:y: true so very true

Back to the top
hi guys will be popping down to have a look and meet you lads, im affraid i'll be in the mk2 so i'l park in the corner. :lol:

what time is everyone meeting?

cheers mik mvdevelopments

Back to the top
Be good to have you along Mik!  Meeting up around midday.

Banner

Back to the top
cant wait till sat  8)
mik u can hide behind the cab on the way in then thay might not c the mk2  :lol:

Back to the top
ew if i cant make sat i will be back for the 20th so i can come to the ani meet  :D

Back to the top

caddyman said

cant wait till sat  8)
mik u can hide behind the cab on the way in then thay might not c the mk2  :lol:

can i hide in my astra aswell?!?

hello!

Back to the top
sure can mate  or just put vw badges on it u might just pass  :lol:

Back to the top

rov716y said

caddyman said

cant wait till sat  8)

Your astra probably thinks it's a golf by now, the amount of time it spends with them  :lol:

We're really looking forward to seeing everyone too.

My car's even clean - outside and inside!!!

Went to help at a friends show in Stroud on Sunday, and some guy was trying to convince me to sell him my Golf!!!! 8O

Thought I'd be impressed with the offer of a swap with a merc - Wrong!! :dontknow:  :lol:

Back to the top

caddyman said

sure can mate  or just put vw badges on it u might just pass  :lol:

Don't start that again!!!! :lol:   :lol:

Back to the top
:lol: nice one debs did i read right your car is clean inside !!!!!!  and out  :cheer:

Back to the top
Woah! Better get cleaning mine tonight then! Or maybe I'll just get up early!!!

Rach  :wink:

Back to the top
best clean mine tommorw just need to get me new roof fitted and the paint work done but not before sat  8O

Back to the top

debs said

rov716y said

caddyman said

cant wait till sat  8)

Your astra probably thinks it's a golf by now, the amount of time it spends with them  :lol:

oh no!!!!

i got a transgender astra next it'll be wearing pink bits and skirts!!!!!

hello!

Back to the top

rov716y said

debs said

rov716y said

caddyman said

cant wait till sat  8)

oh no!!!!

i got a transgender astra next it'll be wearing pink bits and skirts!!!!!

Watch out for artificial twin headlamps!  :lol:

Back to the top

autocab said

:lol: nice one debs did i read right your car is clean inside !!!!!!  and out  :cheer:

Yep!

And I did it all by myself!!!  :posh:

Well, the inside. Hubby did the outside :mrgreen:

Mine's looking good Rach - better get cleaning!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
There are too many online users to list.