Skip navigation

What makes a 'Rivage' different?

Back to the top

It may have been a White Rivage, as you are forgetting that the Rivage (or Classicline as it is known in Europe) was available in Green, Blue, Black and Bordeaux Red Mettalic, in Germany.

I know of one Right Hand Drive Bordeaux Red metallic Rivage, and 1 LHD one (Mine) in the UK.

So it is possible….

Back to the top
There were no white Rivages to my knowledge.. You are quite correct about the Bordeaux red and it being called a classicline in Europe. As for the emissions regulations, did it apply to all cars made after a certain date or cars registerred? Mine was made in 1992 and registerred in 1993 and has no cat. The only reference to leather and that being of importance is the brochure information I have. Here you go!

There… No white Rivage… Rivage leather has 95bhp cat engine, Rivage cloth and Sportline 112bhp non cat. Brochure dated Jan 1993  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
There you go, i knew i would be proved wrong and in such a short time, only 2 posts later!! :D

I will ask and confirm

Back to the top
Its Built after August 1992 thats important not the registration as i claimed (incorrectly)

So you can have a 1994 registered car without a cat, and it must have been made prior to August 1992.  According the guys where I work (motortrade)

Back to the top
That sounds quite reasonable.  :)

Back to the top

walt said

Ok… The Rivage and Sportline were in effect the line out models of the mk1 cabriolet, as such after about H reg the GTI cab was no longer available in standard form, so for J K and a few L reg cabriolets they were all either Rivage, Sportline or a clipper.

Colour coded body kits were on all models from 1988 onwards.

So the main differences between the two line out gti models (Rivage and Sportline) are as follows..

Engines on Rivage cloth and Sportline are 112 bhp. Rivage leather had a 95 bhp cat engine!

The power hood (standard on all three in the latter years of production) is mo hair on the Rivage (Blue on blue cars and black on green cars!)however it is plastic on the Sportline (and Clipper).

The wheels on the Rivage are the Le Castellet forged and polished 15" alloys. The advantage of a forged alloy is that you can polish them to a mirror finish and they don't oxidise the same way as normal alloy wheels. The Sportline has the black centered, silver rimmed BBS cross spoke alloys, again 15".

The Rivage has two interior specs, one is beige leather with cream carpet, the other is a black diagonal cloth interior (Velour with tiny green red and blue flecks) with black carpet (Blue on some of the earlier ones!) Also the Rivage front seats are heated. The sportline interior only comes in cloth. Black with red detailing. The front seats are Recaro but not heated!

The Rivage has Metalic paint as standard, either classic blue metalic or classic green pearl metalic. The Sportline is either Red or Black.

Both Rivage and Sportline have MFA computer.

Some interesting features on all three are heat insulating glass and heated washer jet nozzles!

Decals show the model name and are on the rear quarters, half way between the side strip and sill for Rivage and Sportline, above the side strip and to the rear for the clipper!

Hood covers, PVC for Sportline and Clipper, Rivage had option of blue mo hair or cream pvc to match the leather!

Hope this sorts out a few things for you!

:mrgreen:
Engines on Rivage cloth and Sportline are 112 bhp. Rivage leather had a 95 bhp cat engine!

The power hood (standard on all three in the latter years of production) is mo hair on the Rivage (Blue on blue cars and black on green cars!)however it is plastic on the Sportline (and Clipper).

The wheels on the Rivage are the Le Castellet forged and polished 15" alloys. The advantage of a forged alloy is that you can polish them to a mirror finish and they don't oxidise the same way as normal alloy wheels. The Sportline has the black centered, silver rimmed BBS cross spoke alloys, again 15".

The Rivage has two interior specs, one is beige leather with cream carpet, the other is a black diagonal cloth interior (Velour with tiny green red and blue flecks) with black carpet (Blue on some of the earlier ones!) Also the Rivage front seats are heated. The sportline interior only comes in cloth. Black with red detailing. The front seats are Recaro but not heated!

The Rivage has Metalic paint as standard, either classic blue metalic or classic green pearl metalic. The Sportline is either Red or Black.

Decals show the model name and are on the rear quarters, half way between the side strip and sill for Rivage and Sportline, above the side strip and to the rear for the clipper!

Can you tell if this is a rivage :) 77777.jpg

Back to the top

The Rivage actually had 3 interior specs.
Late blue cabs had black carpet and grey diagonal pattern seats.
Black tonneau cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

Look in the Boot to see if the build sticker is there.
On the leafy hand side
It should say engine DX
Paint code LC6U
There’s your 2 first clues.
Does it have the Rivage Decals on the lower quarters?
Often these are missing.

Back to the top

It should have a 4 panel leather gear knob, beige gear gaiter and leather trimmed steering wheel.
There should be a rotary thumb wheel switch in the dash for the heated seats.

Back to the top

Tickson92 said

eBay 3 day clearance looks like an absolute nail

Good parts car though 👍🏻

Back to the top

One seven one said

Tickson92 said

eBay 3 day clearance looks like an absolute nail

Good parts car though

Pm me a link to it please
Cheers

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.