Skip navigation

1.3 Gets a makeover/New Colour revealed!

Back to the top

1.3 Gets a makeover/New Colour revealed!

its yellowy orange in real life, much brighter like tim says, but there you go, im chuffed to peices, most definetely not brown cos i chose against panama brown orange colour.ill post some pics up when its a bit more assembled

Back to the top

mk1

It's nice

Back to the top
Looking good Tim I need to get some cash and get my white one out of your yard. I have sent you a PM about that, get paid next week so should be able to get most the goodies to reassemble her.

1981 1.6 GTI - Work in Progress
www.thephirm.co.uk

Back to the top
8) I actually really like that colour… with nice chrome small bumpers and a few other choice parts that'll definately look the part

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
yeah i like it too :wink:  like phill said it will look well retrod with chrome bumpers. i really like grotty (sorry, most fitting word i could think of :roll: ) colours like that, make the cars look far less modern and more attractive IMO, and more 70's style. like that lovely mushy pea green that vw did, and the pale yellow, ooo and the brown :mrgreen:

nice work mate :wink:

Greg 8)

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Thanks guys,much appreciated  :D

keep on keeping on

Back to the top

Looking good!!!

Mate thats looks good!!! 8)

Can you do my rear panel????

Cheers
Frank

1983 MK1 PIRELLI EDITION

Alpine White LHD ("SOLD")

Back to the top
noticed brighter colours are coming back in now which is good,mk1s suit the euro bright colours!

Top work btw, what are the plans now?

Back to the top
well…this is what it will have, to be finished in a couple more weeks:
-chrome side strips are on
-40mm spax kit
-polished p-slot wheels with black centres,
-ARB's and poly bushes as a driver doesn't come with these,
- red stripe gti interior,
-chrome grill trim,
-chrome hatch trim
-euro arch spats
-set of rediculously expensive, cant believe id rather spend my money on these rather than a holiday chrome bumpers…just got to have them to finish off the look!!
-small euro arch spats

basically the whole car except  the upper dash, headlining and block has been removed, renovated, sanded, repainted, new screws bolts etc all used, gna keep it for a while and make this one last as it is solid,

i should hope it is solid after inner and outer rear arches both sides, 2 new doors, frotn panel work, 2 new wings and a bonnet, most trim is refurbed or new as well

lots of money but should be well worth it, ill put some pictures up when i get round to it, currently workign on car every night in the rain…mmmm
thanks for the interest
Josh

Back to the top
Need pics  :D

Back to the top
You kept the glass in, then did a colour change respray? Won't the original colour show up if you peel back the rubbers?

Back to the top
Yep,its a lot more money to have a windows out respray,most bodyshops keep them in and just tape them up,even `Paynesbodyshop` do it as there was pictures of a Mk2 they did in one the GOOF+ editions and they charge megga monies.Projectgolf didnt have a lot of dosh and he got a lot for what he paid.

keep on keeping on
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.