Skip navigation

GOLF MK 1 GTI OWNED BY VIRGIN RICHARD BRANSON

Back to the top

GOLF MK 1 GTI OWNED BY VIRGIN RICHARD BRANSON

And to think I always thought he had kids!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/…18303QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are there any other Famous MK1 owners???

85 Polo squareback
MK1 MX5

Back to the top

Re: GOLF MK 1 GTI OWNED BY VIRGIN RICHARD BRANSON

BaltiPie said

And to think I always thought he had kids!

Are there any other Famous MK1 owners???

Its a company car possibly not richards own car. Nice condition though and smart leather trim 8)

Back to the top
I think Niki Lauda (3 times World F1 Champ) is a fan and used to have one

DubPartz

Back to the top
In my pursuit of proof about Niki Lauda and his MK1 I've found that his Brabham BT46C in the 70's employed MK1 Golf radiators !

Niki was known for having a lot of input in how the car was set-up. His suggestion ?…….his Mk1's radiators ??   :lol:

Brabham BT46C

"Another variation on the theme was produced later in the season. Like the BT46B, the BT46C removed the radiators from the front wing assembly leaving a clean aerodynamic wing and moving the centre of gravity further back again. The standard radiators were replaced by units from a Volkswagen Golf mounted behind the front wheels out of the airstream in a region of positive pressure."

http://users.telenet.be/aerogi/Racing/Weird/Weird_htm/Weird_28.htm

DubPartz

Back to the top
wasn't it formula 3 or something that used the GTI engine???

Back to the top
That's right….during the MK2 years though I think

DubPartz

Back to the top
so am i correct in saying that gti is a campaign model..? if so i might bid on it any ideas what it`ll go for…? 8O

Back to the top
Pic of paperwork states it as an EW chassis car so yep….it's a Campaign. Not sure what it would go for….EBay is a bit unpredicatable at times but someone like Dubboy would be able to confirm what it's worth.

DubPartz

Back to the top
details say it's a convertible???

:?

Back to the top
and that it's owned by someone who goes by a name other than that of richard branson

could have been put on the credit card of a bigwig who worked in virgin megastore….no big deal

if it was richard branson's it would have VIRGIN engraved up the side

Back to the top
Brabham BT46C

"Another variation on the theme was produced later in the season. Like the BT46B, the BT46C removed the radiators from the front wing assembly leaving a clean aerodynamic wing and moving the centre of gravity further back again. The standard radiators were replaced by units from a Volkswagen Golf mounted behind the front wheels out of the airstream in a region of positive pressure."

Never new that  :twisted:

1981 1600 GTI (coming to a road near you soon…)

1983 1100 C

Back to the top
The document that states Golf GTI Special was the offical paperwork for the campaign models, that is what the dealerships called them - not campaigns :wink:

Back to the top

debs said

details say it's a convertible???

:?
no, thats just the ebay listing catagory, the copy of the log book says saloon :)

Back to the top

butler said

so am i correct in saying that gti is a campaign model..? if so i might bid on it any ideas what it`ll go for…? 8O

I can go and have a look at it if you want as I'm in Plymouth

ERROR: A link was posted here (url) but it appears to be a broken link.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/2838/s5000021agm0.jpg

Back to the top
yeah mate if you can that would be great i`ve spoke to the guy today and he says its in very good condition email me if you get a chance to go. butlers6@tiscali.co.ukl

Back to the top
Went to have a look at the car tonight, what a stunner 99% imaculate. The interior is full leather and spotless, the bodywork is spot on with no rust, the engine bay is clean, no rust in the boot, no sag on the doors. It looks amazing!

If you are seriously interested in the car then I would say buy it, if you could see it in the flesh you'd see why.

I got some pics on my phone while I was there…

Back to the top
he`s looking for around 2500 for it…? worth it …? opinions please :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I think that looks very nice indeed, plus if it's a Campaign and rot free then I would say it's very good value for money. I like the wheels too but would expect him to throw in the Pirellis too.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Think he said the reserve is ?2450, I think its a bargain. If you were to buy  one and try and get it  in as good condition as this one it would cost you alot more. Think he said the P's come with it too, but the wheels that are on it finnish it off nicely.

Back to the top
?2500 for a very clean example seems fair to me, get you're wallet out :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.