Classic PC Games

8)

Check here

I've seen so many blasts from the past!

Bruce lee was the first ever platform game I played

just thought I'd share for any of you true nerds out there  :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
I remember some of the greats I used to play on my BBC B…Revs, Elite, Chukkie Egg

When Revs came out it was simply awesome with fantastic driver names…Gloria Slap, Max Throttle, Johnny Turbo. Does anyone remember more?

Banner

Back to the top
I had a BBC Master 8)  :lol: Everyone else had Amiga's, mega drives, snes with better graphics and more games.

For the BBC I had:

The Life of Repton
Arcadians
Defender
Spy hunter
Ravenskull
Chukie Egg
Paperboy
+ more that I cant remember

We sold the BBC with a dot matrix printer to some farmer in 1994 for ?100. Think we ripped him off a bit 8O

Sometimes wish I still had it!

Back to the top
Elite…

Still play that!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
I only had ZX Spectrum & Commodore 64 computers but Spyhunter and Chuckie Egg were available for them as well.
Other games that hold fond memories were Daley Thompsons Decathlon (hammering the space bar within an inch of it's life) and Mission Impossible.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
OH Elite-  now there was a game . Manic miner on an amstrad cpc464 first game then harrier attack simple but annoyingly addictive . Did anyone in the world ever make it to elite ? .

Racing is life . Anything before or after is just waiting - Steve McQueen

Back to the top
Sad to say I did make it to Elite on my Speccie! Couldn't afford a Mk1 Golf in 1984!

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
:lol: I had too many consoles and games machines I think. Joust was always a favourite though and good 'ol Gauntlet. Strangely though I've just sold all my old consoles and computers to fund the XBOX360. Only cost me a tenner after I trade dit all in. Counted 15 games consoles / old computers that I traded in with about 5 large Blue plastic boxes of games and good ol 3.5" flopy disc games.

Anyone remember New Zealand Story on the Atari, or an arcade perfect converison of operation wolf. Ah the good ol days  8O

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
probaly wouldent  have had time to work on it if you did Drew :lol:

Back to the top
New Zealand Story is a classic  8)

favorite 'newer' game was noth and south on the Amiga 500

frogger kept me entertained for months as a kid on my old Amstrad 1512 :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

geezer said

OH Elite-  now there was a game . Manic miner on an amstrad cpc464 first game then harrier attack simple but annoyingly addictive . Did anyone in the world ever make it to elite ? .

I used to have an amstrad cpc464!!!! Harrier attack was like the best game ever. Many a bomb dropped via the space bar and dam those clouds!! I had gauntlet, dizzy, five a side football, airwolf (which was impossible) from which i can remember. The good 'ol days ahhhh! Just think how patient  were we back then waitng for the tape to load…. (both sides!!!!) and nowadays we get annoyed when the load screen comes up on the playstation! ha ha :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Best game of all time? Golden Eye on the N64. Who's with me? :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

kins said

[ Just think how patient  were we back then waitng for the tape to load…. (both sides!!!!) and nowadays we get annoyed when the load screen comes up on the playstation! ha ha :lol:

LOL - dragged out he C64 the other week to load up a game for my boy who's eight. He asked where the CD's were, what the big thing was (pointing at the tape player), and best of all "how much longer will it take" then when it eventually loaded looked at it walked away went upstairs and fired up his PS1  :lol:

Thats the trouble with the younger generation…. no appreciation of "classic gaming"……….  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
straight from chukckie egg and thrust on the  acorn electron, back in those days we would use a bbc b at school and the acorn electron at home, until the commodore, c64 cameout, what a legendary machine, manic miner, monty on the run, kickstart, ik+, thelast ninja… to name a few. wow how long did the take to load, patience was more commonin those days i think?!?!?!?!

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
3D monster maze on the ZX81 was pretty scary (at the time!)and could rightfully lay claim to being the first, 'first person' perspective game.

3D death chase on the spectrum was another favourite.

As for my all time favourite it would have to be either system shock 1 or Deus ex.Both made by Warren Spector, the man is a genius!

1983 lhasa green GTI
1982 lemon yellow CL

Back to the top
ihad a zx81 then a spectrum, spyhunter was my fav on that!
my dad was mad on elite
but

goldeneye on n64 takes the award!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
Sorry gotta be elite . Tape decks - i cant listen to a fax machine these days without thinking of the days when you could start loading a game and then go and have dinner - go back to the computer only to find you still had to wait 5 minutes before the whole thing crashed and you had to start again  :banghead: .Modern technology isnt all bad

Back to the top
Something I made for a chuckle when we were trying to decide on a logo!

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
That almost makes me teary eye'd  :lol: , must be able to get them made . Can someone please make them and sell me two .

Back to the top
I agree Kins, Goldeneye is the best game ever. I still have my N64 and still play occasionally. A Sniper rifle kill to the back of your mate's head (preferrably when he is playing as Oddjob)in the combat mode is the best feeling ever.

Silver MK1 Campaign 83

Magic tree pending
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.