'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top

Re: Oettinger??

penny said

Hello,

Anyone heard of a mk1 Oettinger??

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  you serious old chappy?

Back to the top
i'll leave this one to one of the harden tuners on here 8O as i don't really know that much about them :oops:

Back to the top
yeah i've heard of them!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
something about a 1.6 16v wasnt it ??  :lol:

Back to the top
Put it this way - If you have been offered one cheap and don't want it, any one of us will gladly take it off it's owners hands!  :D

Back to the top

mk1 for sale

pm you for details, regards John

Back to the top
Well I thought there would be more replies this morning!

Come on then - Spill the beans, what's this about an Oettinger Mk1???

Back to the top
This one has just been found in Belgium. Check out the history  8O

"I live in the neighbourhood of Ghent (Belgium), the other side of the pond…

Just had a few e-mails with the current owner of the car. Seems to be a nice bloke, although he's a cop ;)

My primal question was: "why is it that a car this special and old only has 22k kilometers on it?"

It's quite a wild story, here goes:

In the beginning of the 80's there where several violent robberies in Belgium, commited by the Nijvel Gang, see link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nijvel_gang

In the area I live, there was another group of criminals, called the Waasland Gang, who began copycatting the Nijvel Gang. Trademark of both gangs where violent robberies, using GTI's as getaway cars.
In February 1983, one of the members of the Waasland Gang bought this brandnew MK1 from Oettinger to use as a fast getaway car. Late 1983 however, the gang was rolled up by the police, and this car ended up in some police depot, where it slept 'till 1993…
It was ten sold in a public auction to a friend of the current owner. That chap restored the car (there was a dent + 3 bullit holes ! on the rightside). In 1994 that guy had a divorce and he needed money. That's where the current owner gets in the picture: he bought it from his mate, but frankly never drove it (his hobby is restoring Beetle's and Porsche's)

So, believe it or not, this is the crime record of this bad ass 16v !"

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
8O  :drool:  :drool:

i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

dojodubber said

8O  :drool:  :drool:

i want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too dojodubber. I've tried contacting the guy to get the owners details in case he doesn't buy it. It's for sale at 6000 euros (4,100 pounds) which seems quite reasonable for a low mileage rarity like that.

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Sweet! The reason i ask is because i had a mate quizing me on such a car yesterday and i ended up turning round to him and said he's a fool and they don't exist!! So who knows the all the spec for these cars then, i take it they're on the rare side??

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
they we're a french market car, there's loads of info on the net (if u speak french!!) its called a golf gti 16s but its more than likely a left hand drive car! there ain't many over here not sure about europe though. last one i saw was at gti inters about 5 years ago it was in a terrible state to!

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
wooow that one's a 1.8 ain't it?? thought they only did it to a 1.6 whats the performace on that then pray tell!!

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Specs are

142 BHP @
pistondiameter : 81,0 x 86,4 mm
Compression : 10,2 : 1
168 Nm @ 5.000rpm
max speed : 207 km/hr @ 6.950 rpm
0 to 100 km/hr : 7,7 sec

Taken from passion golf gti (French site)

Rear pic

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top

The right to bear arms is slightly less ludicrous than the right to arm bears!

Back to the top
errr may be a silly question, but why would a robber have a tow bar fitted? :dontknow:

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
a seriously cool car 8)

heres some good info:

http://www.faltdach.net/vwgolfmk116s.htm

does anyone know any info about other oettinger tuned mk1s?

ie. options, states of tune, accesories….?

black 5 door mk1 GTD

mk1 scirocco Gli in bits

Back to the top
:drool: I want

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

mk1vdub said

a seriously cool car 8)

heres some good info:

http://www.faltdach.net/vwgolfmk116s.htm

does anyone know any info about other oettinger tuned mk1s?

ie. options, states of tune, accesories….?

Yes, not realy mk1 related but Oettinger were the first to release a 20 valve cylinder head some ten years before Audi/Volkswagen relased theirs.
It had the same 3 inlet to 2 exhaust valves per cylinder configuration as the VAG one.
Some useless info but still cool to know how good Oettinger were and still are for that matter.
Might I just say the info on the 16S at the above link was cool.  :D

Mk1 Golf GTI 83 Y reg in Lhasa green
Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm
14" Campaign Pirrelli P Slots
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.