Skip navigation

how do you win the golf gti on gran turismo 4

Back to the top

how do you win the golf gti on gran turismo 4

so do we know the best time for a tuned mk1 on the real ring,?

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
yeah this is all very well on a computer game but I doubt it would be that easy to do a 7.30 on the real thing even with a tunned mk1

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

No idea, but it'll probably be fairly nippy , probably in the hands of one the crazy locals that you'll find there pretty much every day…..

Real golfers don't play with clubs

Back to the top
nice time - I do find it really hard to believe that there's a 7.31 out there! I might have a little practice tonight and post a photo if I get anything less than 7.45!

Still want the black MK1 though!

MK1 GTI Cabrio
Ford Mondeo (Daily drive)
Nissan 350z GT Coupe (the toy)

Back to the top
just got 7.42.8 and am starting to see emms point…..

i know of 3 corners i could find a better line on, and there was some scrappy bits, if thats worth 12 secs ill be suprised but it could be.

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

and even that i cocked up a corner or two…

Back to the top

jordster said

nice time - I do find it really hard to believe that there's a 7.31 out there! I might have a little practice tonight and post a photo if I get anything less than 7.45!

Still want the black MK1 though!

as said ive got a 7.24 lap but its in my diary,know it was the mk1 as its right after a gti cup then a modifying session with lots of wheels and parts bought

done an 8.03 with a stage one modded car(stg1 na tune,exhaust,race coils lightened etc) at a svag show which folk were to beat to get a prize,nearest ive got to positive proof,was done in front of 400 odd folk and no-one was close.I get paid tomoz so im goin to bite the bullet and get a USB stick and grab some screens :D

Back to the top
da da da da da  IM DUBBIN IT!!!

come on then lets be having ya…..

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

cabriaulait said

Ok i am off tomorrow and will post the time.

i will take photo's

Just to check all the times were done in the time trial GT (i think its called) mode without any other cars. as i have found it is easier on some tracks to get better times during races.

i will post my lap time after the race has finished and the top ten times. You would be supprised how easy it is to gain a load of time when there are soooo many corners some are taken nearly flat where you would never think.
Also i entered into the European Gt league for under 250 BHP so i have been around the track more times than i really should have been at my AGE :D

Anyway i will prove my time tomorrow (i may be able to run the saved replay right until it crosses the line and pause it), or i will run again as i know i can get 7:30 to 7:34 on ave

Back to the top
:notworthy:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
just realised the simplest way of getting the colour of mk1 you want. Do all but 1 race in the gti cup and then go to the main screen which automatically saves the game. Then attempt the final race (In B-Spec Speeded up) to be quicker and at the end the prize car will be given. If it's not the colour you like just turn the ps2 off and on again. You only then have to do one race each time to be given a car and can keep doing it till you get the colour you want! Only got the black one to get now!

Jord

MK1 GTI Cabrio

Back to the top

jordster said

nice time - I do find it really hard to believe that there's a 7.31 out there!

:D  :D  :D

Someone must be able to beat this and post a pic

Back to the top
Nice one ! gives me something to aim for, i thought i was pretty good…

although i did manage a 6.50 in my m3 csl…..that looks pretty useless now too !!  :)

Back to the top
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

emm i think your gonna take it with that  i got 741 last night but 10 secs of that, well what can i say but

well done schumy

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
emm - hat's off to ya! I simply didn't think it could be done - but you proved me wrong - gonna be attacking the ps2 hard in the near future to beat that awsome time!

Nice work!

Jord

MK1 GTI Cabrio

Back to the top
now i just need to get the wife and kids off to sleep early to get on the ps2 hmmmmmm

pass me the valium!!!!

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top

give me a week

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
7.43.626 :|  

After laps of chasing/being chased by my ghost replays, i've come to the conclusion i'm just not consistent enough! If i could put 1 good lap in with all all my best corners from previous attempts i reckon i'd be pretty close if not beat 7.31.   

I'd be happy if i could consistently get mid 7.30's :oops:

1983 MK1 Golf GTi

Back to the top
i went from 745 to 738 consistently by doing just that and not pushing,
tis like a zen thing :banghead:

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
7 mins 47secs along time ago! own all the mk1s in the different colours!

wicked game! if you need more money do an endurance race in b spec mode with a mint car easy money!  8)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.