Skip navigation

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Back to the top

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Does this mean that the washer nozzle pipes have been put
straight on to the wipers & extra holes drilled in the panel behind
the bonnet? or am I missing something

Look like they have been drilled which is a shame . Passenger sill is badly bent due to incorrect lifting . Just being picky though , and its one if not the best Ebay add i have seen :clap:

It would look nice in my garage though  :|

?3600…………….+

Back to the top
Defo had a respray - all the door shuts etc look far too shiny plus the rubber grommets are missing from tailgate where wires come through for heated rear window.

Still looks nice Campaign though - and yes, got to be best ebay ad ever!! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

a reply

It is 23 years old so i would guess it must have at some point had some paint, however i would not be able to tell you where.   

that is the reply i got of him {when asked as it ever been repaired or painted

Back to the top
I can't see the problem in it being painted, it saves the new owner the hassle and looks good enough to remain shiny for a few years. A little over spray and some grommets are easy things to sort. Ad is top notch for e-bay :clap:

Back to the top
?3,000.01 - And 6 days to go…  8O

Back to the top
just seems to bang on about it never ever ever being in an accident, to the point where you start to think that it prob has,

as the old saying goes , if it looks to good to be true ……………

did the dude reply to the questions ???

MK1 (Campaign) Helios Blue

Xsara Vtr (metalic sunset !!!)

Nissan Primera SRI Lpg (its cheap to run ok!)

Badboy Air Freshener (smells like a bag of Mixed  

Sweets !!!)

Back to the top

yea

he will most prob get a good price for it . he took a long time putting a lot of info about thats  what will make it sell better

Back to the top
i like the way he has advertised it. not my cuppa tho! :roll: too many tintops about :wink:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Fantastic ad, BUT he must know its been sprayed, we all know its been sprayed, my guess its not as good as it looks. 4.5k and the buyer pulls out.

Back to the top

and relisted due to time wasters…

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
It looks a very nice mk1 and I hope it does well.

Douge its the other way round… too many of these poncey rag tops driving around sheesh! :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
they'll pull out when they see the holes in the scuttle panel for the wiper jets, i would!! what would make u do something like that! :dontknow:

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
managed a tour of the car… I think my original estimate may still be somewhere near to those not in the know.. but noe ive seen the overspray and those holes for water pipes… :roll:  id be dissapointed. looks like wheel arch liner did not make it back either…

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top

Back to the top
blimey i am sure im seeing double .  :banghead:

Back to the top
Just saw this, bit of a copy!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Just looking at the original ad, do you think that the pictures on the front page (ebay listing) look 'real' some I think look as if its had a quick trip to photoshop, if you look at the centre caps and the front number plate it just looks a bit odd :dontknow:

Back to the top
i asked him whether it had been resprayed…

answer
It must have has some paint at some time over its 22y however I could not say that I can tell where.

thats a yes then…..

rebuild in progress....

Back to the top
so y lie and say untouched by time? :banghead:

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
only an hour to go, ?3701 wounder where it will end?

Regards Volkswarren

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.