Skip navigation

Check this out it's flying on ebay

Back to the top

Back to the top
it's mint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8O  8O

Back to the top
Wow what a stunner.  :wink:  One to watch :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Will be interesting to watch as it's about the same as my car (slightly better condition and lower mileage)

Only a few stickers missing and the lack of pirelli p-caps stands out on an initial inspection.

Not on the register though!.Better noble the new owner! I see we got a mention in the blurb.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
bets on what it fetches???  ?8500

maybe..

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
now that's what I call a proper car ad!

I'll guess at ?6850

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
Beautiful car, and one of the best Ebay auctions ive ever seen!

Loving the detail and style!

'83 Golf GTI Lhasa Green

'82 Golf GTI Mars Red

'89 Corrado 16v Tornado Red

'95 Golf CL Dragon Green

Back to the top
Now can we stop talking about Walt and his obssesion with women 8O  and xxchrissixx and her obsension with Men 8O , all this attetion their getting is making me very jealous  :banghead:  :evil:  :tlc:

By the way walt i've taught my mum  marital arts :twisted:  so step off 8O
havent got a sister :cry:

Back to the top

do

I thought i might be in for a chance for that  at ?9.99   :lol:

my guess is  ?4200

Back to the top
there isn't any mention about the car being fully resprayed though, it looks like a fantastic job, but it also looks like its just been done, surely you'd mention it had been sprayed, all i can see in the listing is
COSMETIC CONDITION

The condition of this car is very different from the vast majority of examples you will find at almost any age in that both the interior and exterior have remained quite untouched by the passage of time and mileage
surley a repaint is being touched? :dontknow:
i'm not saying this won't fetch good money that much anyone can see, but the guy don't seem honest to me.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
To the best of my knowledge of original cars, every Mk1 Golf had the front panel area behind the grille painted black from the factory. This car has the same area in body colour. There is a sticker missing on the inner tailgate. Shouldn't the tyre pressure and fuel stickers be on the left hand b-pillar not the right hand one? At least this is the set up on the Series 1. Also missing is the spring clip for the bonnet release cable on the slam panel and the left hand bonnet spacer on the inner wing. If I was buying I would want to clarify these points as they are signs of a respray whereas the seller implies the vehicle is factory condition.

Banner

Back to the top
Looks like we had the same thoughts at the same time!

Banner

Back to the top
biggest give away is the rivits on the front panel holding the bonnet catch are red, plus the bit behind the grill, as dubboy says should be black.
also rubbers missing on the tailgate where the heated window wires come through, and what is the soundproofing in the inner wings hiding?
but if ur not clued up you'd think its an 80k campaing just as it left the factory!! lol :lmao:

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Also, I may be wrong, but isn't that an Irish number plate?? I had a mate who brought a crx a few months ago and the seller blagged it was a private number plate when it was actually just a standard Irish one, which start with three letters and then four numbers!!

I'm now mk1less, ahhhhhhh!
Gone but not forgotten;
'83 Schwarze black GTi
'83 Lhasa green GTi
'80 Indiana Red Met. GLS

Back to the top
Well on a closer look,
His grill badge is in the wrong place, the grommit in the inner wing is painted red, rad rhd side front panel mount missing, weird carpet on inner wings, rear panel and scuttle (I would be checking for grot there), expansion tank is non gen, interior strip shows very little black mastic and no sound deadening (obv it may have been put back in) wrong filler cap tailgate strip is on the leading edge, not a few cms above..
However none of that would put me off looking at the car, as long as its genuine paint and just a few cosmetics… its a lovely looking one.

'83 Diamond Silver Campaign GTI
'85 UR quattro 20v 5 cylinder
'94 VR6 Corrado 82A149D3-2379-4966-97B1-6874E7574575.jpeg

Back to the top
Some good spots there! Also left the masking tape label on the right hand rear fog light wire….

Still a nice motor though!

Banner

Back to the top

dubboy said

Some good spots there! Also left the masking tape label on the right hand rear fog light wire….

Still a nice motor though!

sounds like it needs work :lol:
i'm gona let this one go and keep looking  :lmao:

Back to the top

yea

my estimate of price is going down the more i read this post . i will offer him ?4.99 know

Back to the top
There will be people not quite as eagle eyed as you lot! I reckon it will go for ?4.5K.

Whos wants to mail him with the observations and ask if it has been painted then!?  :D

Best EBAY Add I've ever seen though…

Back to the top
[quoteWhos wants to mail him with the observations and ask if it has been painted then!?..

on its way
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.