Skip navigation

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

Where would you like the "Yorkshire Massive" meets to be held?

Leeds {-} [18 votes]
York {-} [17 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

Yes, it's probably wise to liase with the landlord before we drop in. That way we'll get off on a footing for future events.

DubPartz

Back to the top
Any further progress?

Back to the top

Hmmm

Is anything going down

Back to the top
Just been on holiday to Yorkshire, jolly nice it was too. Wensleydale, train museums, rolling hills with funny horses carved into the sides…

Didn't see any mk1s though :cry:

I voted for York, because it's nicer than Leeds.  8O  :lol: (Runs for cover)

Back to my combine harvester, pansies and half pint shandies now though.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Glad you enjoyed it Drew…I agree, this side of Yorkshire is more scenic, quieter and the people are nicer! But I would say that  :wink:

Back to the top

Diesel-dubber said

Glad you enjoyed it Drew…I agree, this side of Yorkshire is more scenic, quieter and the people are nicer! But I would say that  :wink:
I'll second that  :dance:

DubPartz

Back to the top

Only a thought

Only a thought but whilst this is all being sorted out, we could go to the Demon VW meet in Hull on the last Sunday of every month? Or Hot Summer NIghts?

Back to the top
Right, failing to get hold of landlord and he isn't replying to my e-mails  :banghead: so looks like the venue I mentioned is a no go.
Unless like I mentioned before, if someone lives close by they could try calling in but if not i'm giving up on this venue.
So can anyone else think of anywhere,  :dontknow: but be quick summer may have been and gone already!  :mrgreen:

Mk1 Golf GTI 83 Y reg in Lhasa green
Rear disc conversion
Lowered 20mm
14" Campaign Pirrelli P Slots

Back to the top
It has been mentioned before but the Buckles Inn on the A64 between Tadcaster & York might be worth a shout.

Buckles Inn
Tadcaster Rd, Askham Richard, York, North Yorkshire YO23 3PW
Tel: 01904 706377   

As I said before the Lotus Owners Club meet there on a Tuesday night once a month - so they may be receptive to another 'car' group meeting there.
Also there is the flying Legends Pub in Clifton Moor, York. This venue has is used by other Car Clubs as a meeting place, including a VW meet. There is loads of room in the car park & the pub is usually receptive to big groups.

Black Cabbie

Back to the top

Whos gunna ring em

Who's gunna ring em, Kins assign DubPartz as secretary to the yorkshire area, then he can give em a ring and that.

Back to the top
let us know how you get on with the buckles inn !!!! wether yuo get a positve response or not as my folks work for samuel smiths the same people that own the buckels and probably know the managers personally

cheers

86 Golf Cabrio 1.6 GL Auto

92 Merc Benz 230CE Coupe

Back to the top
OK peeps I've moved now and settling back into Leeds life.

My nearest pup is the Vesper Nest on the a65 and that looks like a possibility for a meet maybe? :)  :dontknow:

Although i would like a ride out so this buckels place could be a good idea.. and if it's good enough for the toffy Lotus lot then it should be good enough for us!

Anyone want to make enquiries to Buckles? If no one steps fwd I'll aproach them :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
gonna give the manager of the buckles a call this evening to see if we can get any joy will let you know how i get on

cheers

92 Merc Benz 230CE Coupe

Back to the top
have managed to get hold of andrew the manager of the Buckles this morning he will be more than happy  :mrgreen: to allow us there if we so wish just let him know what date in advance and also if we require anything like a buffet putting on he's more than happy to oblige there aswell. so weve got a venue lets get our heads together and see if we can come up with anything other than multiple dandruff  :lol:

92 Merc Benz 230CE Coupe

Back to the top
Excellent news....Should try and arrange something before the Leeds Harewood House VW Festival in Aug dont you think ?

Back to the top

done

Right lets get it sorted then :D

Back to the top
Buckles Inn is closer to York but what the Heck lets do it!!!! :P

Full steam ahead!  :D Well Done bigbear! :clap:

How about:

Buckles Inn Friday 30th June @ 7:30pm?

Click for where it is

We could say the last Friday of every month if it all goes well.

Everyone welcome and if neighbouring regions want a drive up to York you are more than welcome - The more the merrier!

Everyone that can make it lets see a thumbs up please so we can judge numbers.

kins  :y:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Ummm hello.... :roll:

Back to the top

meet

typical!  wait all this time to get a meet sorted and i'll be on bloody holiday! :banghead:

deffo be at the next one tho!

come on fellas, make the first one popular enough to arrange a second: show us ya thumbs  :y:

Back to the top
Look at that, I'm up from London this Friday, lets see if i can make it!  :D
 :y:

But will be in the mk2, as the mk1 wont be back on't road till Aug  :banghead:
(or even worse, the GF's Suzuki  8O )

Black MK1 GTI Campaign SOLD
Blue T5 GP 2010 Transporter (Van)
Orange M6L 2012 Brompton (Bike)
Neversummer 2012 Revolver (Snowboard)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.