Skip navigation

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

Where would you like the "Yorkshire Massive" meets to be held?

Leeds {-} [18 votes]
York {-} [17 votes]
This poll is closed. You cannot vote unless it is reopened.

Back to the top

"Yorkshire Massive" - YM1 "Gunning for title

As discussed in chat there is now enough interest to start a Yorkshire meet.

Everyone welcome :D

Ok as Yorkshire is the biggest county its going to be tough pleasing everyone.

I've been going to to NWM. Its a great meet with cool, cars, people and pub :D Unfortunately its about an hour and a half drive away  :cry:

I would like to put forward "Leeds" as a hosting city for a Yorkshire meet.

All in favor say Aye!  :D  

All ideas/suggestions welcomed for a location.

Thanks Karl

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
how about smack bang in the middle of yorkshire - York! just a suggestion, tis a very nice place, and a good deal 'simpler' than leeds. im easy tho, ill go where ever 8)

Greg :wink:

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Hmm York's an idea too… keep suggestions coming then we can put the best ones to a vote. :D  That way its fair :wink:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Oi Greg…..

DON'T GO FOR THE REST STAY WITH THE BEST…..

YOU ARE A LANCASHIRE MAN AND NEVER FORGET IT

Keep with the Original Massive.

Kins…. hands off the crew!!!

Dan

Back to the top
Great a new battle between the Yorkshire and Lancashire roses Up the Yorks :lol:

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
Hey I'm a Lancashire lad its where my roots are…. have I changed and joined the dark side?:starwars:

Back to the top
Dan - dont worry! iv not forgotten where my roots are, good ol' lancashire born and bred :wink:

if i decide to have a gander ill have some big doc off red rose graphics made for the car! :mrgreen:

ill try to make the next meet if the cars upto it :?  - and looks presentable, right now on the drive with wing primered up, ready for top coat in …. 2 hours 8)

Greg :D

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
im up for it! is this going one going to get off the ground or grind to a halt like the NE meet did? :pray:

Back to the top
York or Leeds fine with me, count me in

Back to the top
Coolio… I've added a poll so please vote or suggest your preferred meeting place :D

Back to the top
ey up…

i'm a yorkshire lad!!!

leeds is definately the way forward. i live in halifax and work in skipton, but have plenty of mates in leeds.

what's the deal with this 'harewood house' event?

apologies for my nievety, but i am a newbie!

may be missioning it up to the nw meet on sunday to see what it's all about.

mark

:lol:

Back to the top
Ey up MarkyK. Firstly a big welcome to the club and the new meet "Yorkshire Massive"! There are a few club members from Halifax and I'm just not far away at Huddersfield :D

I agree Leeds is where its at but it's early days and we are still welcoming suggestions.

Harewood house is cracking dub show. I went last year it is a gorgeous venue in the grounds of a big manor house/stately home effort. Plenty to see with all dubs from beetles to modded gti's, audi's, skoda's, and seats they have the lot. It would be nice if we can get a club stand and I believe its work in progress. Check the Harewood House thread in national meets.

See you at NWM on Sunday maybe :D  

Karl:D

Back to the top
harewood house sounds schweet as!!

keep an eye out for a j reg sportline on sunday.

hope the weather's as nice as it has been this weekend!!

almost definately going to nwm.

see you there!

Back to the top
Harewood house looks kewl and being in wakey leeds or york are no probs so count me in cheers

86 Golf Cabrio 1.6 GL Auto

92 Merc Benz 230CE Coupe

Back to the top
Hey up Bigbear! Welcome to the Massive.

See I knew Yorkshire was a highly mk1 populated county. Being the biggest county in theory we should be able to take the title and become regional champions! I'm sure we can get the NWM to help out returning the title back to the rightful owners "The North" Big up the North. Lets show them shandy drinking, combine harvester driving, pasty eating flooseys who the real champs are! :D

Lets start how we mean to continue and have the biggest crowd, with the best cars and coolest people.  :D

Whoop whoop 8)

Karl

Back to the top
Hurrah! A Yorkshire meet sounds mint…and York is ideal for me, but I can get to Leeds in 45 mins on a good run so that aint bad either. It seems there are plenty of mk1 folk out here, but I never see any of 'em! Not even enough Mk2's! Me and my dad have doubled the mk1 population to 2 in the Scarborough area by having one each!  :wink:

Back to the top
from donny so leeds or york are both fine by me.  just need a date and a venue!!  

hope this does take off as the NE one didn't.  there was a bit of interest in holding that one at york, although a venue wasn't mentioned.  just thought that if the yorkshire meet was at york, then those interested in the NE meet might be able to attend aswell - or is it just gonna be a yorkshire thang?

Back to the top
this is turning into a big do! i thought it was just like a one off thing. im sticking with the lancs lads in that case, keep lancashire the 'massive'!! :mrgreen: iv got some family in harrogate so i might go to one (thought there was only going to be one anyway).

Dano, i might be able to make it this weekend to the meet (i might have a moped race meet on) if u dont mind being joined by a half finished project! :(  look rather bad next to all ur show winners!

Greg :wink:

1981 Golf C 1.1
1982 Golf GTI
1992 Corrado G60
1999 Golf GT TDI

Back to the top
Looks like York is running away with it….. all you NE chap and chapesses wanting a meet hey!  :D

If it went to Leeds I would like to step up for regionalmeet co-ordinator for Yorkshire… if it goes to York it's a fair distance for me to commit and I'd be torn between YM and the NWM. :?

Anyhow just thought I'd mention it… keep voting  :P

Back to the top
this meets gone a bit quite!!!!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:
i hope its not going the same way as the NE meet is it???? :dontknow:
There are too many online users to list.