Skip navigation

Finally got another golf

Back to the top

Finally got another golf

After my accident (not my fault) on January 14th, I have finally received my settlement from the insurance - only took them 3 months!!  So I went out yesterday and bought another mk1.  She is a black y reg gti and looks pretty straight, lots of bodywork already done and the engine replaced just before christmas.

I will try and get photos up later, but I am going to spend the next few hours cleaning her!!  8)

Back to the top
No wonder you up early then :D I was just thinking of going out and cleaning the golfs as well.
Look forward to the pictures later 8)

Back to the top
I didnt get back from picking her up till after 1 this morning, but i'm usually up and at work by 7, so i somehow can never sleep in!

Back to the top
Nice one anton! Look forward to seeing the pics! :wink:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Here she is, spent a couple of hours cleaning her.  Shes got a few bits that I need to sort, but hasnt everything!

What do you all think?

Back to the top
Ooops, forgot to resize the pictures, sorry about that!

Back to the top
Looks in good shape  :y:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
That looks nice! Dont think the silver/chrome strips suit though...

Back to the top
nice, i like alot. what happened to the old one though, dont tell me the insurance company had it!

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
No, bought it back off them.  Im probably going to drop the engine and box out, keep the wheels and any other bits i need and then sell whats left.  Are you after any bits?

Back to the top
I think the chrome/silver works.  It did have black ones on there, but they were really dull, so I put on the chrome ones.  Still deciding what to do about wheels too… dunno whether to keep those ones on there or put my ronal turbos on it?

Back to the top
I like it, may be if the grille was chrome too it would match the side?
I love the sportline style wheels, ronals would look good too. All depends on which are in better condition  - you could have summer and winter wheels :D

Back to the top
Thats what I was thinking, Ronals for the summer, bbs for the winter.  I might go and tinker in a bit and see if the chrome grill surround works too!!  Argghh, why cant we just leave things alone!!

Back to the top

anton said

No, bought it back off them.  Im probably going to drop the engine and box out, keep the wheels and any other bits i need and then sell whats left.  Are you after any bits?

deffo have some bits of it. i really want the suspension and im sure some other bits. did you manage to sell that lovely leather interior? (far to posh for me)

muttley racing ftmfw

Back to the top
I think its sold, but the guy has been messing me around!  Give me a shout over the next week or so and we can sort it out.  I will pm you my number.

Back to the top
Looks very tidy!
Would definately look better with a chrome grill and the ronal turbos tho.
I'm after a battery clamp and bolt, the piece of metal that holds the battery in the battery tray, and also the bonnet stay clip. Would you still have these from your damaged one?

Cheers,

Liam

Cheers,

Liam

Back to the top
I really like them sportline wheels
Maybe look better without the grey stripes?
I'm gonna remove the stripeson my black gti before she gets resprayed
Jjl.

1982 Non Sunroof Black 1600 GTI

2003 MKIV Golf PD150 GT TDI

Back to the top
Sweet m8  :D looks pretty tidy blacks a nice colour allways looks good clean but a bugger to keep that way.
Just bought me a black polo polished it but everytime you touch it shows fingerprints either gonna have to walk round with cloth in pocket or clean hands more often.

Back to the top
that looks so sweet. the wheels just set it off don't they. well i have to say, my xmas list has just got bigger.

Woohoo, no leaks... splash... Damn!...

Back to the top
Cheers for the comments guys.

Dub76 - I know what you mean, spent two hours cleaning her and already there are marks… my jumper sleeves were getting very dirty from poilshing them off.

Liam - you have pm.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.