Skip navigation

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

Back to the top

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

oh come on you guys, their must be someone with some ideas?????

Woohoo, no leaks... splash... Damn!...

Back to the top

Wheyyyyyyyy

Wheyyyyyyy im back from the states, howdo everyone, yer someone takeover if u want? Seems like ill have to abdicate, i say chudd. Ive started but looks like someone else wants to finish?

Back to the top
Still no takers then ?

What exactly is expected of an area representative anyway ?
Do they have to be a fully paid up member of the club ?
Do they need internet (HTML) knowledge ?
Obviously the need to have good organisational skills.
A good knowledge of the region for suitable venues (we'll come to that later) :)
Ability to rally the troops to get this thing off the ground.
A fair bit of free time ?

There is a glaring gap in this region for such a gathering and I'm sure there's a touch of feeling left out when we see other regional posts and pics of Mk1's and their owners all enjoying the sunshine.

My original concerns centred around the fact that people from outside (eg Lincoln, which is east Midlands) the region were looking to hijack the NE tag when really they're in the East. I've lived in the North East of England all my life and would not consider that area to be in the North East.
Eg. I would not call a footy match between Middlesbrough and Lincoln a  local derby. They are over 120 miles apart !

This is a map of North east England….
One North Finance – Borrow Short Term Cash

Maybe there aren't enough MK1 owners to warrant a NE meet and we do have to spread the net a little wider but we have to find somewhere fairly central to all. There's interest from people in East Yorkshire/Humberside and West Yorskhire too so maybe York is a suitable venue.

My cap may be thrown in the ring  :wink:

DubPartz

Back to the top
york would be ok we me but whos going to stand up and take job?

Back to the top
I thought that Dub_Driver was our leader and that we had already decided on york being the best venue. Can we just agree on this for now so we can at least get a meet sorted. Then if we want to change anything we can do so at the meet or at later date.  :)

Back to the top

Philthy said

I thought that Dub_Driver was our leader and that we had already decided on york being the best venue. Can we just agree on this for now so we can at least get a meet sorted. Then if we want to change anything we can do so at the meet or at later date.  :)

Scroll up the post  ref Dub driver :scratch:

DubPartz

Back to the top
Yeah i did read it Dub_Driver started so might as well carry on. Seeing as though nobody else wants to take over. At least for the first meet anyway.

Back to the top
still nowt happening we a NE meet then?? :banghead:

Back to the top

DubPartz said

Still no takers then ?

What exactly is expected of an area representative anyway ?
Do they have to be a fully paid up member of the club ?
Do they need internet (HTML) knowledge ?
Obviously the need to have good organisational skills.
A good knowledge of the region for suitable venues (we'll come to that later) :)
Ability to rally the troops to get this thing off the ground.
A fair bit of free time ?

There is a glaring gap in this region for such a gathering and I'm sure there's a touch of feeling left out when we see other regional posts and pics of Mk1's and their owners all enjoying the sunshine.

My original concerns centred around the fact that people from outside (eg Lincoln, which is east Midlands) the region were looking to hijack the NE tag when really they're in the East. I've lived in the North East of England all my life and would not consider that area to be in the North East.
Eg. I would not call a footy match between Middlesbrough and Lincoln a  local derby. They are over 120 miles apart !

This is a map of North east England….
One North Finance – Borrow Short Term Cash

Maybe there aren't enough MK1 owners to warrant a NE meet and we do have to spread the net a little wider but we have to find somewhere fairly central to all. There's interest from people in East Yorkshire/Humberside and West Yorskhire too so maybe York is a suitable venue.

My cap may be thrown in the ring  :wink:

if you are referring to me, adam and oliver being outside YOUR area and trying to "hijack" :roll:  your meet again i already stated that we dont mind either way.

adam said to definately take him off the list because you seem to be so worried it just aint worth the hassle. so us 3 will all back out so that you dont keep saying silly things like the above anymore.

we'll just come to the main meets and say hello to everyone then.

good luck with the meet, we'll see you all soon!!

all the best

Bren, Adam and Oliver

Back to the top
Bren, chill out. Things have developed and a possible meet is heading south. Like I said, maybe there's not enough interested North Easterners to get this thing of the ground. See the latest threads about a Yorkshire meet. Like one guy says….It's the biggest county so let's make it the biggest event.

DubPartz

Back to the top
All you guys wanting to get a meet sorted come and join the Yorkshire massive - "The birth of a legend" 8)

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top

DubPartz said

Bren, chill out. Things have developed and a possible meet is heading south. Like I said, maybe there's not enough interested North Easterners to get this thing of the ground. See the latest threads about a Yorkshire meet. Like one guy says….It's the biggest county so let's make it the biggest event.

i am always chilled out. 8)

if you read the way you say things at times you can sound quite spiteful, thats all i'm saying. maybe before you click the submit button you should read back through what you say. i might be wrong and you may not mean it but sometimes you come across as rude, arrogant and obnoxious. i stay as polite as possible, i know you haven't been a member on here very long but other people are allowed to disagree with you.

Bren

Back to the top
Do we have one then? Are there enough of us? Would be a canny thing to do like (that'll confuse them) :)

Any ideas?
Mark

Back to the top

Marky123 said

canny

You're definitely from the North East  :lol:  :lol:

This meet never really got of the ground. I think earlier in the thread I suggested Croft VW Track Day (Nr Darlington) but it was said to be too far out for people to travel, even though it's in the NE. Anyway, a year has passed and that event is on again on 28th April.

Anyone fancy it ?? :dontknow:

DubPartz

Back to the top
Yeah the croft VW track day sounds good, must try not to blow it up though.

Would be good to have a NE meet, not sure how many of us there are up here??

Back to the top

N/E meet

hi i'm new on ere was wondering is there a regular meet in the N/E i'm near leeds, i've seen a few posts for them but can't figure if owt has been sorted, if there is one can somebody pm or email me, p.s. just bought a clipper cab i think, but i know very little about them need to get on a learning curve  "fast"

Back to the top
Is there any meets near Sunderland/ Newcastle? PM or email me plse

Back to the top
defo should be meet in the north east you could add 2 more to ur list of attenders i know theres a meet at the baltic in newcastle 2nd sunday of every month i think lots of different water cooled stuff could jus try and out number them??? lol

Back to the top

rustys_mk1 said

defo should be meet in the north east you could add 2 more to ur list of attenders i know theres a meet at the baltic in newcastle 2nd sunday of every month i think lots of different water cooled stuff could jus try and out number them??? lol

Yeah, there's a local group on a forum called Section 5 who have meets at the Baltic. I hope to pop along when the clocks change. I think they have a gathering late afternoon.

DubPartz

Back to the top
popped into dalton park for mcdonalds and thought it would be a good place for a late meet loads of space to park and a mcdonalds???? not far for people from middlesbrough durham newcastle or sunderland must be enough of us to have a half decent meet?????

what people reckon??
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.