Skip navigation

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

Back to the top

North East Meet - NEM There should be one?

It's not really North East though is it  :?

DubPartz

Back to the top

DubPartz said

It's not really North East though is it  :?

it was only an idea.

your suggestion of the croft racing track is over 3 hours away for me, adam and oliver.

not fair that us 3 should do all of the mileage is it?

Back to the top
I see. The North East Meet just seems to be slipping down South. I reckon York is the best choice, being pretty central for those on Tyne,Tees,Wear and the former Humber Sides. Also handy for Leeds and Bradford folk.

I don't reckon a Lincolnshire meet should go under the guise of a North East Meet. It's like the Tour De France taking in England and Spain.   :lol:

Darlington was mentioned as it's a VW Track Day so there's a theme and more importantly it's in North East England.I'm not being funny but I wouldn't say Hull, Lincoln or Skegness are in the North East. The North East region comprises of Newcastle, Sunderland,Durham,Middlesbrough, Darlington, Hartlepool etc.

VisitenC.com is for sale | HugeDomains

DubPartz

Back to the top
for us lot newcastle is way to far. me, oliver and adam are in boston. i think we are the most south out of everyone. so maybe we will have to travel a bit further but like i said, there has got to be some sort of compromise on location.

anyway. you and "the colonel" dubdriver decide then. name the place and we will try our very best to get there.

hopefully you will all try your best to include us.

if its too far, its too far.  :cry:

let me know either way so that i can tell the other 2 who would be convoying with me. :D

look forward to hearing from you all

Bren

Back to the top
North East , covers top of Lincolnshire right up to Newcastle [its 2 hours max end to end ]. Trouble with Lincolnshire is its so vast , i used to work the Lincs area and from Boston to the top of the area is a very long way . Sorry to the lads right down the bottom of Lincs but a North East meet centered around say York area is a good idea .  

So middle of the patch is York area of the "Great North East Meet"

Where is that Colonel   Dub_Driver

Cheers………..

Back to the top
fair do's then. no worries

keep us posted. :wink:

Back to the top

Im From Hull

Dont argue ladies, i never intended setting up a north east meet around the lincolnshire area, it was only ever going to revolve around York!!

Neway, i dont know what to do as for a mk1 golf. Ive been offered a mk4 1.8t 150bhp, which is very tempting.

Back to the top
not having an argument dubdriver :wink: .

i dont mind either way. i only got involved in the topic because you pm'd me asking if i'd be interested in a meet:-

Dub_Driver said

now then mate, noticed your from boston, im trying to oragnise a northern meet mate, would you be interested in attending, if so get back to me mate, J

i'll leave it to you you lot. i dont mind. if its too far away we wont come. :D

as i said earlier, hopefully we can be involved. otherwise maybe another time eh? :)

no worries. we'll just try to make it to the main events :D

good luck with setting it up. look forward to meeting you all some time. 8)

all the best

Bren

Back to the top

Come on lads, easy?

Lads you lot better cheer up, its like your all at school. What you lot having arguments for, just chill out. Boston is northernly thats why i pm'd you, but not with the intention of having a meet on the south side of the bridge matey. I apologise if this came across wrong, but the intention was always to have a meet in York, which is central to most people.

Anyway had 2 more people join the list fella's

Diesel-dubber
Swiller

adam
oliver
Bren
bigclipper
Philthy
Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

Back to the top
put me down on the list :D

JOEL GTI
1979 mk1 c 1.1L 33k sold :(
1983 mk1 GX 1.5L sold
1983 mk1 gti 1.6 cab sold
1984 mk2 polo 1.0 rat sold
1982 mk1 gti 1.8 sold
1984 mk2 GTI 16V vw motorsport project 16V very rare striped dead!
1985 mk2 GTI 8V runing 140BHP (track car) striping! Dead
1986 mk2 GL 1.8Ldead
1987 mk2 GTI 16V SOLD
Lots of mk3 gti's vr6's and a tdi all sold
1992 mk2 GTI 8V  runout edition sold then bought then sold the bought back and striped!
1990 mk2 GTI 8V in tornado red new car :)

Back to the top

Oh my bad

Oh my bad,

Diesel-dubber
Swiller
Joelgti
adam
oliver
Bren
bigclipper
Philthy
Dub_driver
Chudd
DubPartz
andyb77
MalC

Back to the top

NE MEET

have we got any futher with sorting a meet out then chaps? :D

Back to the top
I'm up for a North East Meet. new owner, recently joined and eager to get involved so count me in.

Woohoo, no leaks... splash... Damn!...

Back to the top
Looks like you guys are getting yourselves organised! Well done and good luck with the meet! Hopefully if all goes well there may be some future inter regional convoys through Wales and maybe to vw shows!  :D

Back to the top
has a NE meet been abandond??????? :banghead:

Back to the top
Swiller it needs a volunteer to take it on  8O Some one with panach and organisation skills like you . To become a Star and run the North East region page .

You up for it  :dontknow: Go on you no you want to .

Chudd…………

Back to the top

NE meet

i wouldnt have a clue where to start chud! il tel you what we will do, anyone who wants to come up we a meeting place post it on here and then we will have a vote for which we think is the best, how about that then? its a start isnt it :mrgreen:

Back to the top

NE Leader

Hi all you North Easterners! In your search for a leader, I think you should start with someone who has been using the site for a while, someone who knows lots of people on the site and is going to be in the club for a long time to come! Now I know the "be in the club for a long time to come" bit might well rule Chudd out, baring in mind he is sooooo old and could pop his cloggs at any moment!!….But I think you should start with him! He has a commitment to the club and we all know him! After a couple of meets, the stallwarts of the NE will become apparent and someone will no doubt just take the job on! Best of luck!

Go chudd you old giffer! :cheer:

Back to the top
chudd gets my vote. never met him but if he has a golf and wants the job then go for it. your fellow golfers need you.

i've never been to one of your meetings so i don't know what you want from a meeting place but if its just good food, a wee drop of drink and a big car park then i offer up the Junction Inn at West Scholes, Queensbury, Bradford. i know its out of the way for a lot of you ut if you can think of somewhere better then please speek up.

The Junction Inn
West Scholes Queensbury , Bradford, BD13 1NQ
Tel: 01274-880278
also if you want to go and can't find it i'll give out my mobile number, i'm a postman so i'll probably be able to give directions… (probably :? )

let me know if your interested and i'll have a word with the owners, see if they'll block off a corner of the car park for us :D

Woohoo, no leaks... splash... Damn!...

Back to the top
Now I know the "be in the club for a long time to come" bit might well rule Chudd out,

Yes it does sadly due to other comitments and Moderating on here i just would not have the time sorry .

Volunteer please  :mrgreen:

Oh and by the Walt your dead  8O

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.