Skip navigation

Are women really better drivers than men?

Back to the top

Post topic

Are women really better drivers than men?

So Jennybugs…We need to sort out the rules for the cook off and the driving test between philmk1gti and kate! Not letting this one go! Any other ideas for challenges boys v girls….Lets have em now ready for Edition 38!  :D

Back to the top
:y: So is the drive off going to be in the form of go-karts? on an outdoor track? reason being my poor old Mk1 has too many problems and won't be allowed on a track at the moment  :cry:

boys vs girls

some sort of prize for the winning team (boys of course  :lol: ) and for the fastest lap?

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

Driving test!

I was thinking more along the lines of a manouvering test or maybe if we had any driving instructors on the site, one of them could take you both for a mini test!  :D

Back to the top
YAY go karts! :D
I think there should be a handycap system for weight though :wink:

That or an maybe an auto test  :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
fine with me  :D only got 1 minor on my test.. but that was a few years ago

think we should do both, go-karting to test speed and cornering, then a mini-test going around cones, reverse parking etc. etc.

Back to the top

Re: Driving test!

walt said

I was thinking more along the lines of a manouvering test or maybe if we had any driving instructors on the site, one of them could take you both for a mini test!  :D

How about Autotesting ? This would be fun and combines pretty much every driving skill. See link
http://www.ukmotorsport.com/uk_autotest.html

'91 Cabriolet

Back to the top

Re: Post topic

walt said

So Jennybugs…We need to sort out the rules for the cook off

Well seeing as you are the self-confessed expert, I thought you'd have all the rules ready and waiting  :lol:

We need things like no ready prepared foods…all natural plain ingredients that need to be prepared on the day of the cook off…i.e. plain meats veg or whatever.  No ready made sauces, altho seasonings can be allowed on the day…etc etc.

Hey, maybe we should cook the same meal so peeps can really compare skills  :D

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate

Back to the top

E 38 cook off!

Sounds good to me Jennybugs! Maybe the dish should be decided by the volunteer taste panel! What do you think, one gentleman and one lady? I think we had a volunteer already…Please step forward you brave fools!  :D

Back to the top

Re: Post topic

jennybugs said

i.e. plain meats veg or whatever

Veg? Veg?????  :naughty:

This is why men are clearly better than women… We understand the need to hunt and gather meat, and then cook it on a fire which we have prepared, lit, and then nurtured to full fieriness, as only men can.  8)

Veg is just an accompaniment to meat, and doesn't qualify for BBQing… Only meat, beer, and maybe crisps may be consumed at such an occasion…

After much drunken thought I have come to the conclusion that lighting the BBQ must be part of the competition.

And veg of any sort is banned  :hand:

Back to the top
:lol:

mcscrew! you've hit the nail on the head there  :y:  :clap:  8)

Back to the top

BBQ

Not even a chicken, mushroom, pepper and onion kebab?  8O

Back to the top

Re: BBQ

walt said

Not even a chicken, mushroom, pepper and onion kebab?  8O

No I'm afraid not.

Even having sobered up since my last post, I decree henceforth that no vegetables shalt be allowed on said BBQ.

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Jennybugs…pm me immediately re mutiny!  8O

Back to the top
that kebab sounds tasty  :P

how you going to make the pita bread though?

Back to the top
Kebab on a skewer Philmk1gti…I think if mcscrew is not careful he will be barred from any tasting duties he might wish to involve himself with!….And the same goes for any more of you mutinous rabble who want to try to tell me and Jennybugs what to cook!
Would Ainsly Harriot stand for that?…..I think not!
You think Gordon Ramsey can be nasty…….Well never upset the chef thats what I say or you might find yourself being served a very special beef burger!  :x

Back to the top
ah of course! the skewer  :lol:

Back to the top
Please don't call me that!  8O

Back to the top
:oops: well that was an unexpected reply  :lol:

Back to the top
Always expect the unexpected from me philmk1gti….You should know that!  :D

Back to the top

walt said

I think if mcscrew is not careful he will be barred from any tasting duties he might wish to involve himself with!….

It was just the beer talking… honest :)

Can I judge the best "non-veg" category? :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.