Skip navigation

My mk1 1300 Driver

Back to the top

My mk1 1300 Driver

:mrgreen: Hi, I've only had this car a few months, just used it to get about in… been a great little run around… but now its time to get rid… as its such a good example, thought I'd post it up on here see if theres any interest in it…
MK1 VW Golf… 1300 driver… A-reg 1983…
156K on the clock… Mars red, very good condition… body solid as a rock… excellent paintwork… only a couple of bubbles on it…
Sparco front seats… single headlight/ de-badged grill, clear indicators, lowered ( on cut springs, tut tut… ), 15inch Ronal turbo rims as new, GTi deep front chin splitter… Pioneer CD player…
Looks the part, had recent head gasket done, new carb gasket, timing set up, just wants the carb and choke setting properly as its running alittle rich…
Drives fine…( alittle on the hard side, wants some proper springs on it )…
MOT'ed until August I think, taxed until end of March…
I want back what it owes me, just been used to run about in while I've saved up to get my Scooby repaired… no longer needed…
?900 quid… no offers, ain't interested…
You wouldn't believe the looks this old beast gets……

http://photobucket.com/albums/v55/Squall238/th_MK1Golf03.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v55/Squall238/th_MK1Golf02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v55/Squall238/MK1Golf01.jpg

Back to the top
:lol:  :oops: Knowbody even say hi???
 Thought there might have been abit of interest/ comments on the car… :lol:

Back to the top
hello mate  :wink: missed your post!

think your mad for selling to be honest! looks very clean and with the ronals looks  8)

think about it carefully before you sell

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
:lol: Cheers for the reply… I've only owned it 3 months… just had it to run about in while I repair my Impreza engine 8O  :lol:
 Had it off some old bloke whos garaged it…
 The body is solid… I just couldn't believe it when I got it… apart from the paint wanting a good cut back with some polish… I just couldn't get over how well it come up for a 23 year old car…
 I put the wheels on it, as I don't think theres a better looking wheel to go on a MK1… :wink:  :roll:
 Lowered it…( Ok I know it ain't the best way, but it looks good ) got the new grill for it, clear indicators, GTi splitter, and replaced the front seats… as somewhere down the line for whatever reason, it had a brown drivers seat fitted…! :dontknow:  Put a cheap CD player in it… and thats it…
 I ain't after making owt on it… just want some money back now to finish my Scooby off…
 Also had a new carb gasket, battery and a few other little bits and peices…
 It's done everything I asked it to…  8)

Back to the top
ah fair play… be nice to see this go to a member of the club as it does look clean

if you've got some contact details to post it might help and roughly where you are

once again a bargain I'd love to get back can't  :banghead:

Back to the top
I sold my WRX type RA so I could fund my GTI and buy another series 1 GTI too :lol: The Impreza IS a fantastic car and I will have another but I will always have a mk1 GTI.
Welcome to the site, shame you have to sell your Golf :?

Back to the top
seems everyone is having engine troubles with scoobys lately  :oops:
hope to get mine back this week.
nice car mate, im sure you wont have a problem selling it.

my96 impreza wrx

68 vw camper

83 mk1 gti

Back to the top
:lol: Mines a MY98 STi type R… Was pushing near 400bhp… been off the road since sept 05… been saving since, and knocking about in cheap run abouts… had some fun with the cheaper motors…
 But i'm ready to have the Scooby back out… it ain't coming back out as it was… a few more upgrades and hopefully more reliable should push it over 400bhp… :lol:  and looking even meaner… 8)
 Loved the MK1 though… love the old skool looks…
Reagarding selling it… i'd like to sell it asap… any recommendations where to sell it?
 Do they sell well in the trader? or e-bay? :dontknow:  :)

Back to the top
Almost forgot... live in Cheshire area... just PM me or post back on here for anymore details... 8)

Back to the top

Golfslammed said

:lol: Mines a MY98 STi type R… Was pushing near 400bhp

nice, my MY96wrx was putting out 294bhp, with a slipping clutch, i had a new clutch fitted at the start of january, less than 48 hours before she blew, was easy over 300bhp imo.

you could try the classified section of scoobymag to sell the golf :wink: blatant plug :wink: i know its free to advertise in there. :)

my96 impreza wrx

68 vw camper

83 mk1 gti

Back to the top
:wink: Cheers, may do… might try my luck on e-bay 1st… :roll:  :wink:

Back to the top
Hi is the golf still for sale? I live in Cheshire and am very interested in the car? If its still for sale any chance of viewing it this weekend? Cheers James

Back to the top
Keep the golf flog the Farmers Wagon! if you must get a big car - forget the EVO8 and get an EVO6. 110% better alround than the scabby. plus more reliable, and not every other car is a EVO unlike the Scabby.

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top

Dougelove said

Keep the golf flog the Farmers Wagon! if you must get a big car - forget the EVO8 and get an EVO6. 110% better alround than the scabby. plus more reliable, and not every other car is a EVO unlike the Scabby.

reason is (so I've been told) is all the Evo parts are designed for a 400Bhp engine whereas the scooby is designed for 250-300Bhp

so a few mods and your over the limit of alot of the parts and get problems

Back to the top
just i thought id get in on the jap saloons i've got a 99 accord type r with custom d-cat exhaust revs to 8500 rpm kicking out 244 bhp at flywheel
from  a screaming 2.2 vetec without a turbo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

Back to the top
Still for sale… i'm off friday, saturday, sunday and monday… any good to you… i'm in Crewe… :roll:  :wink:

Back to the top
Nice how does friday sound any particular time? Send your address and number to my email, beatneckkids@hotmail.com or post em and we can arrange a good time. U goin to Dubfreeze?

Back to the top
Not going dubfreeze mate… friday is good… PM me your phone number mate… it'll make it alittle easier… where abouts you coming from?
 :wink:

Back to the top
Sent you a PM but incase u didnt get it I'm coming from just outside Shrewsbury, dont see many MK1s round here so be good to get an old skooler going. There is this guy not far away that has somthing like '6' Mk1's at some garage 2 are running and the rest he just uses for parts. Anyone got a Mk1 near me? James

Back to the top
8) you should have pm back mate… see you friday… pm me a time… i've give you address details… speak soon
 :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.