Shortstuff said

Daisy said

Shall we have a count on who is coming

Jon-boy 8)
Daisy 8)
Shortstuff 8)

:D
Dougelove 8)

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Jon-boy 8)
Daisy 8)
Dougelove 8)
Shortstuff 8)
Mark83 8)
IanT 8)

Keep um coming :mrgreen:

Back to the top
the performance vw lot are meeting at cribbs on the 11th. pretty sure its in asda at 1 - coincidence? Oh well should be a good turn out!

Back to the top
no mate, SWMeet is on the 18th,

I helped start the cribbs meet on the 11th i picked the spot,

so stop messing and get your butt to both meets :twisted:  :evil:  :wink:

Darren

Back to the top

SWM6

Hey

Can't make the 11th, but will be up for the 18th  8O

Chris

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
Wicked dasiy, think u spoke to Matt "the man of smut" bout cribbs, im defo in for that, although not looking forward to the traffic :roll:

And ill be they on the 18th, im havin a steak this time! Thats the bottom line :mrgreen:

Had me car MOT last friday, passed!! :wink:

Also manage to dent the crap out of the front panel trying to get over the rolling road bit :oops:  Took the splitter off to get on the ramp, once on, would'nt go under the jacks on there!!

Had three bloke underneath pushing it up on them, while im sat inside at the top of the ramp! :D

Tried to get the back on, no chance, had to use a truck axle stand and lower it down onto it from the ramp :lol:

Back to the top
top man :mrgreen:

Back to the top
havnt been to any meets yet but wouldnt mind going to the 11th. hope i dont shame you all with my ratgolf!

Back to the top
more than welcome mate  :D

Back to the top

SWM6

Mines still not back on the road :banghead: Not sure if i'll be able to make it :banghead:

1991 MK2 Golf G60 20VT

1991 MK2 Golf GTI 16V Oak Green

www.vwgolfmk2.co.uk

Back to the top
No excuse! If ive got to go then you to can come Kriss! you've got my number so ill pick you up! Missus not comming :lol: .

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Yea i can make it ,see you all there

kriss  have you sold your pirellis yet?I have sent you a pm

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
I'll hopefully be able to make it on the 18th  :D but wont be there this weekend I'm afraid.  :(

Back to the top
Ross
        How is the sportline project coming on?Will you be bringing it to the meet ?

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
I've been working on it today. I'm doing the top mounts which has gone well so far.

I planned to have the outer CV joint off first to replace the boot and assess wear but couldn't get the nut off with the 30mm socket I have (kept slipping) so I've bought a proper hub nut socket with a hexagonal hole so it should grip better. I'll have another go when I refit the suspension tomorrow. Did spark plugs and have stripped the gear linkage also ready for new bushes.

Still got brakes to bleed. Cant see any leaks but the fluids on the minimum. Pads are almost warn right down which could explain it a bit.

I doubt it'll be ready for next weekend. I'd have to MOT it too. Still havent got the V5 through the post yet so wouldn't be able to tax it either!

Done much to your hatchback yet? Mines not been touched still :roll:

Back to the top
Well, how did it go today?

I refitted my shocks and then tackled the CV joint. The nut came off ok and luckily the joint was savable. I've got it all rebuilt but didn't have enough daylight to refit it. CV joints are one of the nastiest (well filthiest) jobs to do, glad its all over!

The gear linkage is all nice and clean ready for refitting too.

Hey, has anyone got a spare GTI radiator and/or cowl they could sell to me and perhaps pick up next weekend? The one fitted to the sportline must be off a 1.1!

Cheers,

Ross

Back to the top
Ross
        sounds like you have been busy,i got a spare second hand radiator  may have a cowl will have to have alook ,will let you know later this week.

Done a bit more on my hatchback ,yesterday i took out the side windows,sunroof and mechanism

Then removed the headlining ,and to my surprise the rust in the factory sunroof  tray wasnt as bad as i was expecting,around the rear drain tubes was mint, just a few small repairs required at the front.

Mark

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
my drain holes have completely dissapeared, they are now just a hole!!!!

Mark mate,any news on that engine dude?

cheers

1983 mk1 gti 2.0l 2e powered
newman cam
ported, polished, big valve 1.8 head
audi throttle body
SWWWWEEEEEETTTTTTTT

Back to the top
couldnt make it. moved house instead. hope it went well.

Back to the top
lets get it right, the meet on the 11th was not the SWM6 it was a vw meet for all types that was arranged on a different site,

SWM6 is the the 18th this coming sunday, so please please all try and make it :pray:

even if your mk1 is locked away for the winter you can come for chat :lol:

Darren :mrgreen:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.