Skip navigation

New wiring looms

Back to the top

New wiring looms

Well a full loom wont cost that from me!!!! C'mon wires not that expensive, and once one has been made the others can be rattled off quick enough! :wink:

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
I'd be really interested in one. The trick will be in creating a simple to understand wiring diagram. Having recently installed a loom in my kit car, it made sense to lay out the diagram as it would lay in the car rather than the compact sort of diagrams you get in Haynes manuals.

Back to the top
yes thats the point, once one made rest are easier but i can hardly see going into mass production! making a loom is labour intensive and this is my business, and what i do for a living. i specilise in custom looms for show and race cars that have to be made from scratch. any loom made by me would be to original specs (colours, connectors etc) no point in me supplying them if i get comebacks because they dont fit or work.
 price up a loom for a split screen camper, prices range from ?130 tio ?180 (mine) belive me i have seen others and even used one (supplied by customer) all i can say is if a wire is 1 inch too short then it might as well be three feet too short.

Back to the top
oooooh competition - i like it!

Back to the top
ive contacted TSR through ebay and they are selling complete looms for ?117 are they any good ??

Just took my complete loom out and would rather use a new loom so i know its not going to go tits up in the future :-)

Back to the top

pbaronmk1cab said

ive contacted TSR through ebay and they are selling complete looms for ?117 are they any good ??

Just took my complete loom out and would rather use a new loom so i know its not going to go tits up in the future :-)

Has to be the last place i would buy a loom from, sorry mate but monkeys could do a better job that tsr

Back to the top
well chaps i guess im gunna av to see what these fine gents come up with soon

Back to the top
Hi guys, has the battle of who's making the looms been settled yet? :banghead:

RACER sounds like the man i would get my loom from, no disrespect to anyone, BUT he just sounds like he's got an eye for detail, which i personally apprieciate.

SO, racer would you be able to make some mk1 gti looms?
Thanks

Back to the top
if i get a chance this weekend i will pull the engine bay loom out of my mk1. i will strip it and see what ive got and what i need. i will make first loom then others probably on an exchange basis (i have a feeling i will have to reuse the plastic parts of the multiplugs with new pins) i will post with progress.
ps options with new engine bay loom will include built in uprated headlamp relays if required
watch this space

Back to the top

loom

well chaps any update from racer or douglove.....

Back to the top
Nope sorry been sorting my motor out! I will have one done soon.......... PROMISE! :roll:

Back to the top
Shortstuff will be in touch with those of you accordingly. He has emmigrated to OZ

Back to the top

Dougelove said

Shortstuff will be in touch with those of you accordingly. He has emmigrated to OZ

P&P may be a bit pricey then?! :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.