Skip navigation

need ppls feedback asap b4 it goes for paint

Back to the top

need ppls feedback asap b4 it goes for paint

hi please let me know what you think i wanted something diff and this is my modified pic please let me know.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lpkpjh21/detail?.dir=/d875&.dnm=ae91.jpg&.src=ph
 :dontknow:

first golf mk1 im 20yrs old the car is older than me,
golf c 1.1 x plate

Back to the top
A friend of mine has a matt black bonnet on his GTI and it looks kinda cool, but i'm just not into those big graphics down the side…………

Back to the top
Don't like it. If you want to be different, why don't you keep your car standard??? It seems like everyone these days has a modified car…..

Back to the top
woah, that car looks mint :lol:

get it spray'd matt black all over

1272 driver with a magic tree!!

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Mk1Gti1600 said

Yeah, with precisely 0 bids!

Back to the top
True i suppose the Robocop look does'nt suit the MK1 :)

Back to the top
im a very big fan of matt black.. if im honst thinkin of doing mine matt black but thats still in the maybe stages

if matt black is your thing mate stop messing around and get it done  8)

1983 mk1 1.1 in black

lowerd 120mm on supersport coilovers

13" rims (make/model?)

crystal lights all round

Back to the top
Sorry to say matt black looks like you've put on a new panel and couldn't afford the paint…..sorry just my view :D

Golf GTI Cabriolet 1990 Helios Blue - gone

Audi A4 1.9TDI - Gone :(

Golf GTTDI MK5 140…..oooh quick….but not a MK1  ;)

Back to the top
Matt looks rubbish.

Back to the top
lpkpjh, are you having second thoughts now??????? LOL

Seriously though, the advice I would give is (to preserve its value) keep it the original colour, whatever that may be. If you are not bothered about its value or other people's opinions, by all means go ahead and paint it whatever colour you like, or paint different panels. Its your car….there's plenty other Golfs around too.

I did the sensible thing and bought the car based on it being my favourite colour (black)!

Back to the top
I agree, you might regret it later. If the whole car was matt black like the ebay one, it looks meant-to-be in a way (in fact I quite liked it  8O ), but just the bonnet matt black might look like you had just put on a new one and hadn't resprayed yet (like someone said earlier). But if you do go for it, don't forget to write your shopping list on the bonnet in chalk for that finishing touch! Good luck with it - it's your car after all!

Back to the top
IMO matt green, army style, looks sweet as!

black bonnet looks wannabe jap racer with th whole carbon bonnet thing…looks good on supras!

Back to the top
thanks for the replys, takin it all in and i think i gonna do it all one colour, poss the black i have got some pics of the car i will get them on asap, then update as and wen. thanks all now all one colour, dunno witch, black, red or dark blue.

first golf mk1 im 20yrs old the car is older than me,
golf c 1.1 x plate

Back to the top
Looks like either a Tickford Capri or an HF Lancia Fulvia…

…it's your car - do what you like to it.

Back to the top
that rat look mk1 on ebay has got the plastic arches on the wrong way round :lol:

Back to the top

Matt paint!

Sweet baby Jesus! What the hell are you lot going on about! Does matt paint have the same protection as a gloss finish? Will it be more permiable to water? How the hell are you gonna wax it? I can see it now! Auto glym ultra dull flat wax……or do you just sand it when it gets a bit grubby?
Save yourself a lot of time, money and pi55 taking comments from your friends and do the car in its original colour, let its age and condition make the statement!  :hand:

Back to the top
U should spray yours matt black walt :roll:

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top

Matt paint!

I actually thought of painting it silver, allowing algae to grow on all the window rubbers, keeping chickens in it for six months then allowing the local street urchins to pepper the front end with stones! Then spray it with water so that all the stone chips rust nicely, then cut up the hose pipe I used to spray it with to replace all the coolant hoses in my engine bay! While I had the bonnet open I was gonna pour 28 litres of old oil (rom the dreg tray at a seedy little back street garage I know) all over the engine bay! Mix the contents of the inner cyclone of my dyson upright with the fuel to give that lumpy tickover and voila…..A convertible version of yours DjEv!  :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.