Skip navigation

Today Was A Good Day

Back to the top

Today Was A Good Day

In the words of Ice Cube anyway…

Put the Cabby in for its MOT today and crossed my fingers.

As it happened it passed FIRST time without any work doing t it at all!!

:cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:

Happy Dan…2 results in 1 week

Back to the top
Well done mate :y:

Darren

Back to the top

Today was a good day

Hi Dano
 :clap:  :clap:
Congratulations Dano!! Fit for another year!!
By the way…..did the MOT guy compliment you on your brown Ashtray???
TC

Back to the top
I think the ash tray did it!!

Its always a lottery, the old MOT isn't it. My old mk3 16v cost ue ?300 in March and I didn't really have that knid of dosh lying around. BabyDub… now 5 months cleaned us out on her Christening the other week.
She can drink!!! :wink:

Dan

Back to the top
Wow well done!

Hope my GX as has as much luck… :?

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
If I were an MOT tester and you brought your GX to the testing station wanting an MOT - I'd give you one…

Ooops - did I type that out loud.

In all the time I've been driving I think I've only put about 3 or 4 vehicles through an MOT - they usually "pass" first time too ;)  So, morale of the story?  Drive a Mk1 'coz the Mk3's are much more expensive to get through a test.

Last test my MK1 went through cost me about ?70, needed horn, track rod end, wiper motor and foglights.  Dunno what the emissions were like - neither did the tester…

You know what I hate about MOT's?  Bloody brake pipes.  I know they are dead simple and cheap to make but they are a pain and I can never tell by looking if one is going to pass on not (other than if fluid is pouring out of it).  You know the problem isn't the pipes at all - it's when you snap your nipples trying the bleed the system afterwards.

Other pet hate about MOT time - headlight alignment.  Mine are always all over the place - usually 'coz I've driven into something hard since the last MOT - lol

Back to the top
Steve, what are you psychic? Mine failed on brake pipes and headlight alignment this year!

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top

Steve_Matthews said

If I were an MOT tester and you brought your GX to the testing station wanting an MOT - I'd give you one…

Ooops - did I type that out loud.

yes u did  :roll:  :lol:

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top
dano said
In the words of Ice Cube anyway…

What you know about Ice Cube and surely them roadchamps are illegal?
Congratulations on passing your MOT and knowin some dodgy MOT station.
ps Can I have the address?

mk1 silver campaign totally standard lowered on coilovers magic tree vanilla

Just had a full outer body restore

Back to the top
Ev, you should ALWAYS come to me for your mechanical contacts….I couldn't do any worse could I!!

Ice Cube, NWA, Public Enemy….Keep it real!!! Fight the power!

Dan

Back to the top
I was talking to some kid who was playing NWA on his iPod. He said he raided his mums record collection!

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
Guys, guys it's all about the Jurassic 5! 8)

Dano 2 questions:

1. Where the hell did you scab a brown ash tray from? (I want the whole story!)

2. How the hell did your car pass a MOT with road champs… tyres are supposed to be rubber not plastic?! :lol:

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Jurassic 5 are ok....You should know its all about KRS-One or Big L!

Back to the top
Big L.... Biggy?

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
tsssh! Not Biggie (although he beats tupac hands down IMO) but Big L (RIP) the greatest of all time, died in 1999, but his work is legendary....get on the hunt for his stuff!

Back to the top
Big L…. cool I'll track him down 8)

Back to the top
:lol:

he was on his label "Flamboyant" and also Rawkus….There is a greatest hits available in hmv, its dope! The best stuff of his involves lots of hunting thou….

How is the Hudd? Still pants? Im sorta looking forward to goin back next yr, although i know within a week i will be bored to tears up there….

Do u also think its the weirdest place on earth?

Back to the top
Thanks for the tip on Big L.

Huddersfield is pretty much same ol place.

Tell you what though… when you've finished your placement you'll be dieing to go back! Being back with all my mates is quality… some new bars and clubs which is nice and the women this year are fantastic…. I had the best freshers week ever :wink:

You heard much from Dean @ Depuy?
When your'e next up in Hudds we will have to meet up and check each others cars out and go for a bevy.

Yeah i think it is a weird place…. its very very grey…. rains all the time….. but seams to full of the coolest people on the planet. Tell you what though its development is unreal.

I should be PM'ing you this but what the hell I'm typing here now…. :lol:

Big up the Huddersfield MK1 crew aiiiii 8)

Back to the top
Yeah man, missing my mates, although one has moved down with me cos has a placement closer to my house then my own bloody placement!  :evil:

Ive heard that the "scenery" is most pleasant! I will get up there soon, although im rubbish so couldnt hazard a guess as to when!

Any clubs with different moosic yet, or still a mecca for cheese?

Back to the top
I think the indy scene is dominating at the mo. Live music is really kicking off! I've been following "The invention"…. they're going to be big…. seen them a good few times now in Zepher and The Mess.

If you like youre brit rock/indy www.theinvention.co.uk

Have you been to tokyo's yet….. bit of everything. Less of the cheese which is a good think IMO! 8)

Come up for a night out and I'll show you the sounds.

No hip hop….. there is Leeds for that! 8)

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.