Skip navigation

whens the next south east meet ???

Back to the top

whens the next south east meet ???

yes, I would be up fo it sometime, but my mk1 not on the road at the moment, and the mk2 I've brought as a winter car not doing too well at the moment either, but if someone was willing to come pick me up, I'd come along to a meet with some others.

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
whats up with your mk2 then mate ???

Back to the top

Organised meet?

Hi all,

I am new to the forum but not to VW's… this is my sixth in 9 years of driving.

Whats the deal with meets in the South East? Any ideas on a good local auto electrician (light / heating problems).

I live in the Enfield area? Any other local dubs?

p.s alsoafter a new hood if anyone knows of a decent supply and fit outfit?

Jon

1983 white golf cabriolet 1.8 GTi
Damp interior
New engine
Tempremental gearbox (New)
Gremlins living in the fusebox
2 magic trees (due to smell of damp)

Back to the top
Count me in for a SE run sometime!  Can't make the 30th but am game…if girls are allowed!  :lol:

I am in East London…anyone else around this area?  :mrgreen:

1985 MK1 Black Cabrio almost immaculate
1972 1300 Beetle Bright Orange covered in flowers Stocker almost immaculate

Back to the top

Re: Organised meet?

JonathanC said

Hi all,

I am new to the forum but not to VW's… this is my sixth in 9 years of driving.

Whats the deal with meets in the South East? Any ideas on a good local auto electrician (light / heating problems).

I live in the Enfield area? Any other local dubs?

p.s alsoafter a new hood if anyone knows of a decent supply and fit outfit?

Jon

where you live mate i,ll have a look at your car for you im in gillingham ive just sorted same problem on mine  :wink:

cheers stu

Back to the top
I've got loads of air fresheners in my car to hide the smell of damp :oops:  Roll on summer :D

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top

Assistance.

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the prompt response and kind offer.

I currently have no heater/fan, no central full beams on the 4 spot grill and the horn works one second but not the next… etc.

I have found a new black vynil hood inc all tension wires fitted for ?300. reasonable?

Are the electrical issues easily sorted?

1983 white golf cabriolet 1.8 GTi
Damp interior
New engine
Tempremental gearbox (New)
Gremlins living in the fusebox
2 magic trees (due to smell of damp)

Back to the top

Re: Assistance.

JonathanC said

Hi Stu,

Thanks for the prompt response and kind offer.

I currently have no heater/fan, no central full beams on the 4 spot grill and the horn works one second but not the next… etc.

I have found a new black vynil hood inc all tension wires fitted for ?300. reasonable?

Are the electrical issues easily sorted?

what vw is it you have sorry i didnt ask earlier im asuming its a mk1 ????
if it is try removing passenger side lower dash (its only screws) then you will be able to get to fuse box remove and clean all fuses with sand paper back to shiny metal (make a note where each fuse came from!!) and do the same to each fuse holder it worked perfect on mine  :wink:
cheers stu

Back to the top

stu-gti said

wasn't idling properly, and pulled very badly, but i adjusted the carb the other day, and all is now better again. It rattles and squeeks a lot, but generally runs very well. What do you expect for ?300!! Should get me thru the winter with any luck!

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top

Maniac said

stu-gti said

wasn't idling properly, and pulled very badly, but i adjusted the carb the other day, and all is now better again. It rattles and squeeks a lot, but generally runs very well. What do you expect for ?300!! Should get me thru the winter with any luck!

well if you want it serviced etc give me a shout could do with the work at mo  :wink:

Back to the top
Not wanting to spend any money on it really. I changed the oil and filters, and checked everything over, adjusted the carb, replaced an exhaust rubber and a few other minor bits, but that's about it. It runs and pulls very well now, just doesn't sound all that great (A lot of noise is coming from the alternator bearings which are on their last legs I think)

I need more help with the mk1 that's in my garage at the moment. That needs the timing and mixture adjusting, manifold gasget replacing, and the tappets re-shimming, as well as a few other minor things. All things I'm not very good at, or haven't done before!  Ah well it's all a learning curve, best get stuck in soon before it gets too cold!

Mike.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
well if you get the beers in one weekend  :wink:

we,ll have a look at ya mk1
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.