Skip navigation

Using a Mk1 GTi as daily driver?

Back to the top

Using a Mk1 GTi as daily driver?

I've used my cabrio as my daily drive without any major hassles.  Only one time where the clutch cable snapped on my way to work.  It's also not that great during winter.

Back to the top

AL_Mk1 said

and resist the urge to "Boot" it every time you go out
That never happens unless i'm out with the mrs! :lol:

I use mine everyday and i'm well chuffed with it. Ok it doesn't have p/s, e/w, a/c but it's got road presence 8) It's one of those cars you *will* notice when you go past it. Like marmite - you love it or hate it.

I can't stand owners of newer Golfs who think i own a MK1 because i can't afford a newer one. I bought my car for less, it goes faster and looks better - who's the mug? :wink:

Back to the top
I do 30 miles a day with no probs yet 8O I bought a car that the previous owner spent allot of money on…fuel pipes pump, new rear drums and bearings etc etc and he only did 3000 miles in 4 years.

I think I'm now reaping the benefits :lol:

My daily driver before this was a MG Midget, now that is uncomfortable through the winter. :boohoo:  

Just wash the underneath often and things don't deteriate, I washed a half a bucket full of mud from under mine when i bought it, what you can see is not the most important bit to keep clean :wink:

Golf GTI Cabriolet 1990 Helios Blue - gone

Audi A4 1.9TDI - Gone :(

Golf GTTDI MK5 140…..oooh quick….but not a MK1  ;)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.