Skip navigation

My '84 Atlas Grey Campaign Partial Resto! UPDATE PAGE 5

Back to the top

My '84 Atlas Grey Campaign Partial Resto! UPDATE PAGE 5

lol ive had a good feel on the inside and feels pretty solid, undersealed it under all the arches too….

i need to change my arches coz previous owner smothed them in prep for painting i guess but im scared wot i'll see if i take them off so havent yet, either way theres alot more mechanical work to do yet b4 i touch the body as i use it every day i cant afford to take it appart and not have a car to drive :cry:

Back to the top
Must be time for a update  vw singh ?

Back to the top
Hehe! I got some more pics but have been very busy at work and stuff. Need to upload them!

Back to the top
Ok here we go, a few updates:

Rear arch cut, ready for repair panel

Other side arch cut. Rust has been cut out and replaced with new metal where needed.

Repair panel cut and ready

Note: I am not keeping the inner lip of the inner arches as I will be re-splitting my wheels to 8x15 so I need the clearance.

Back to the top
My messy garage

Front panel welded on and etch primed the welds.

Euro car parts wings  :?

But i made them fit!!  :twisted:

All the panel gaps are nice now after a lot of fiddling.

Back to the top
Looking good - done a good job with those wings.  How did you get on with the door/wing profile.

My garage is messier than that  :lol:

Keep the pics coming

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
good work!

8)

Back to the top
Thanks Guys! You lot have been a big inspiration on building my confidence in undertaking such a large task. I have never really done any body work or welding before this project but have an engineering background.

The wing to door profile is very good to, nice and level but the wing does go in too far towards the car leaving the door edge exposed at this point. I am going to see what I can do about it. Maybe a bit of panel beating and shaping. I will get some more pics together so you can see what I mean.

Oh yea, Rich,  Keerat sends his thanks for the pump & accumulator brakets.

Gurds

Back to the top
Yeah - Good job on the wings… That is a tighter fit to the scuttle than I managed!
Mind you, I didn't spend too long on that bit :oops:

Back to the top
excellent work gurds, good idea with the inner arch lip on the back i may borrow that idea when i do mine :wink:

Once all the weldings done are you doing the prep work to the shell too?

Helios Blue

Back to the top
Hi Zak! Yea, i thought that i'm gona roll back the inners anyway so why not just chop 'em out?  :D

Im gonna do all the filler work and most of the prep. Luke will do final prep and spray. I will do as much as i can. Really need a compressor now!  :dontknow: .

The more prep I can do the cheaper it will be! Its going in for spraying mid jan hopefully! Then i will have it back on the road 1 month later!

8)

Back to the top
Excellent work.. hope you cover those wheels up when your working though  :lol:

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top
are u keeping the centers gold? also u doin just the rears or all round to 8j?

this is gonna look nice when its done :)

Back to the top
Hey George. Gona keep the centres gold (but re-doing them). Yea 8's all round. Here's why thou.

I run 1.5 degrees negative camber on the front anyway allowingme to tuck the wider wheels under those arches. Otherwise they'd never fit.

Back to the top
hmmmmm that white one looks nice :wink:

ive got a set of 7 and 8j rs's im selling, we coulda done a deal but ive just sprayed them silver! lol

i put one next to the car it looked looooooooooooverly but i have to sell them :(

Back to the top
Yea i have seen the wheels your selling. To be honest, by the time i have resplit mine and refurbed them, they will still only cost me less than the cost of a set of standard refurbed RM's.

Why are you selling your set anyway?

Back to the top
good work G....... !!!! 8)

83 Mk1 racer
83 Mk1 Atlas Grey
83 mk1 SIlver

Back to the top
Cant beleive I missed this post - well done mate - big respect to anyone who has a bash with an angle grinder. Isnt your car the one in the PVW thrash that does very well against the 2ltr MK2's? Will look and go great when done  :y:

Back to the top

vw_singh said

Yea i have seen the wheels your selling. To be honest, by the time i have resplit mine and refurbed them, they will still only cost me less than the cost of a set of standard refurbed RM's.

Why are you selling your set anyway?

i need the money to set up my wheel refurb workshop, stuffed on a set of scruffy ra's for now, i do these up on the side anyways so if u ever know any1 who needs a set send em my way, i,l prob have a set on for summer..

Back to the top
Chears G!  :wink: .
Mark, Yea thats me.
George, I will keep it in mind.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.